• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eagle/Summit County Colorado ski area choices, etc?

jimmywilson69

I would imagine June 4th is the "published" date, but they usually extend a weekend or 2 after if the snow and crowds are still there.

snoseek

I'll probably do an abasin day on the way through....then again if Pali is done by then I'll save my ticket money and apply it to Mammoth

jimmywilson69

It depends on snow melt. They had a big wet slide from undermining several years ago that killed someone on Pali. They instituted more restrictive observation practices now. It often closes with a lot of snow still in it

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

It depends on snow melt. They had a big wet slide from undermining several years ago that killed someone on Pali. They instituted more restrictive observation practices now. It often closes with a lot of snow still in it

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
Yup it did last year in May when they closed it. So far it has been clod enough but it will warm up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

jimmywilson69

A-Basin reporting 21" the last 24 hours. Pali Chair and terrain are opening today through Sunday. Potentially longer if snow pack is stable.

dlague

A-Basin reporting 21" the last 24 hours. Pali Chair and terrain are opening today through Sunday. Potentially longer if snow pack is stable.

This should help to keep A Basin open well into June. But it will melt! Right now skiing is like mid winter. But what do I know - boots not on the ground today.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app