• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PSA - Nonstop Flights to Switzerland Are Cheap Right Now (for next year)

Zermatt

At least they were last night.

I just booked a nonstop from JFK to ZRH for 2 adults and 2 kids for an average fare of $505 per person. Adults were $525 each and kids were less. Friday night departure, Sunday afternoon return.

This was for the last week in January, but I was checking into February as well and they were the same. We are going a little earlier this year because lodging is much cheaper than the peak weeks in February and slopes are much quieter. Downside risks are its a little colder, little darker and a little windier. Not unlike skiing in the US though.

This was actually cheaper than Emirates was giving away their non-stops from JFK to Milan a couple years ago. I did see that JFK to MXP nonstop with one stop in London on the return was just over $400 for the same time period. Another good option for access to Italy skiing, Valais in Switzerland and even Chamonix. $400 ski trip flights to Europe? That's a good deal.