• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

which mountain is the winner of this storm?

BenedictGomez

And I mean that seriously. This is a once-per-decade Oprah snowstorm event.

YOU get 20", and YOU get 24", and YOU get 18", and YOU get 30", and YOU get 19".

EV-RE-Bah-De gehts a snowstorm!

View attachment 22150

Last edited:

Jully

Largely depends on how far north the resort is.
2' on top of zero base brings out lots of meat wagons.

I'm betting Sugarbush hits the motha lode. :smile:
Maine will get a bunch as well.
Too bad Maine has no terrain. :p

:spread:

Hah!

MommaBear

Mount Snow was wind scorned at the top but they definitely got some snow. Our condo (3 miles south of the mountain) had no snow when we arrived last night, but I shoveled at least a foot deep here off the walk this afternoon.

Mount Snow's summit still has bare ground up top. They're claiming 16" but it depends on where the winds blew.

benski

NWS Binghamton highest total is for 27 inches outside Binghamton. Going off that also Greek might not have broken a foot yet.

Kleetus

My family's place in Old Forge, NY is almost at 27 so far and still dumping. Got 12 in just over an hour. Hope Gore got in on that!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JimG.

Staff member
My family's place in Old Forge, NY is almost at 27 so far and still dumping. Got 12 in just over an hour. Hope Gore got in on that!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Old Forge, home of McCauley Mountain. If it was not 4 hours away and there were not many other areas closer that also got dumped on I would gladly go there for another fine powder day.

machski

SR has over a foot at the base now and coming down hard. We still had a good solid base on naturals and woods, even this morning with just an inch or two was nice. By the end of the day with 6 or so down, woods were reopening left a d right and skiing very nice. About time for ma nature to deliver a mid March or later storm!

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

cgull

We're at SL and the story is similar here, about 6" when I quit and easily another 3+ already. I only dropped into the woods briefly this afternoon, but things should be really really good tomorrow. The wind was lower than forecast and the trails are catching a fair amount of snow.

Los

And I mean that seriously. This is a once-per-decade Oprah snowstorm event.

YOU get 20", and YOU get 24", and YOU get 18", and YOU get 30", and YOU get 19".

EV-RE-Bah-De gehts a snowstorm!

View attachment 22150

I love that - you are genuinely making me laugh - YOU get a snowstorm! And YOU get a snowstorm! And YOU get a snowstorm! Hahaha love it!

gladerider

great stuff. my bitching blow torch thread got really long and this storm makes up for it.

now i gotta decide how far to drive.
deal with the crazy crowd at hunter or driver further up to VT. hmmm.

ScottySkis

great stuff. my bitching blow torch thread got really long and this storm makes up for it.

now i gotta decide how far to drive.
deal with the crazy crowd at hunter or driver further up to VT. hmmm.
Don't forget about Platty! Which is opening tomorrow for mid week powder day!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cornhead

Belleayre did not suck today, even with only one chair spinning. Never saw people shoveling to get their cars out of a ski hill parking lot.
9f33ea695ae87a7c37a6b761cf019a8a.jpg

Leave your wipers up...So you can find your car!
822781668101caf51d7d1f8caf66be33.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiFanE

SR has over a foot at the base now and coming down hard. We still had a good solid base on naturals and woods, even this morning with just an inch or two was nice. By the end of the day with 6 or so down, woods were reopening left a d right and skiing very nice. About time for ma nature to deliver a mid March or later storm!

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
Wahoooo! Woods never got bad like I heard people talk about here at other places. I skied Tango quite a bit last weekend - not too much showing thru. Gnarnia was closed but awesome. Naturals on Locke were good too. Agony would have been good if they opened it (for at least the first 20 people to get all the freshies in the troughs lol) - they closed all for ice not for lack of coverage. So should be freaking incredible now, no reason they shouldn't be 100% open :)