• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

which mountain is the winner of this storm?

Hawk

That's fine by me. I have several pairs of rock skis. I would rather that the decision so ski something in my court then have some conservative MF tell me when it is safe. That used to drive me crazy.
I think the motto at Sugarbush is "if there is any snow on it, it's open".

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Jack Frost reported 30" at the​ close yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I just heard someone in the lodge day an additional 5" this morning. It's going to be a Sick Day.

Say hi if you happen to be here. But you're probably not, there are 4 cars in the lot 30min before open.
a416d1835592f3f99af034bf01862178.jpg

cdskier

And Sugarbush is now officially showing on their website as all 111 trails being open again. Webcam shows a line starting at the CR lift, so they are getting that back up and running too it looks like.

skiMEbike

As for the winners....I think we ALL win, however I think the official winners will be determined sometime in May.

The Loaf is reporting 24 inches from the storm...This should be enough to get them well into May for sure.

skimagic

Some other area totals as of this morning

Cannon 18
Ragged 14
Killington 22
Magic 20
Mt Snow 21
Belleyare 32
Windham 30
Catamount 18

Plow guy never showed so im still shoveling/... :angry::angry:

nelsapbm

One local TV affiliate reported 41" in Lake Placid. Whiteface is reporting 40"
Oh..and its still snowing in the Champlain Valley and the western slopes....

SkiFanE

As for the winners....I think we ALL win, however I think the official winners will be determined sometime in May.

The Loaf is reporting 24 inches from the storm...This should be enough to get them well into May for sure.
Don't jump the gun. All the Feb dumpings pretty much melted in a few freaky warm days, who knows if that won't happen again soon. That's the reason I'm skiing TH-Sunday, can't count on it being so great in a week...so go get it while you can.

Jully

Don't jump the gun. All the Feb dumpings pretty much melted in a few freaky warm days, who knows if that won't happen again soon. That's the reason I'm skiing TH-Sunday, can't count on it being so great in a week...so go get it while you can.

Agreed. I couldn't get out much during the golden period of February (only like 4 days over a 3 week period). Not making that mistake this time. I'm cancelling plans left and right to make these next two weekends happen. Hoping I don't piss too many people off in the process... I need more friends and family members that ski.

skiMEbike

Blasphemy !!

Extended outlook shows temps at average or below average through end of April....More snow in the forecast for the weekend. It's a lock....the Loaf will be open at least until May 7 (if not later).

VTKilarney

In ski country, it is entirely possible that we have a colder March than February this year.