which mountain is the winner of this storm?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

which mountain is the winner of this storm?

in norther NJ, i was supposed to get 2'. it is still coming down but the switch over to sleet happened early morning. i have prolly 8-10", but it would have easily been 20, if not for the switch over.

i heard the stormed track moved to favor the mountains up north.

so, who is the winner? need to find a way to ride this pow somewhere. this weekend, if not sooner.
    Gladerider

Well the real winner will be the place that gets the most skiers and snowboarders. If a feeder hill get 2 feet, but many drive by to go to lets say Killington that gets 1 ft then the feeder hill won the depth battle but then Killington would win the economic war. However the weather might make this a more localized event so smaller places in Southern New England might do great!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Going of of what dlague said...this will probably be one of the busiest St. Patty's day weekends in a loooong time. Especially with MORE snow in the forecast. Very good boost for the mountains.

Snow total-wise? Mountain Creek, Mount Peter, Thunder Ridge, and the Catskill resorts all have a very good chance of 2+feet. VT/NH/ME snow totals won't be known till Thursday with some good mountain snows through Wednesday night.
    2016-2017 53 Days and counting...
    Killington: 11/7, 12/10, 1/19, 2/17 Okemo: 12/11, 2/5 Berkshire East: 12/30 Jiminy Peak: 12/23 Magic: 1/26, 2/16 Sundown: 3/10 Stratton: 3/12
    Mount Snow: 11/24, 12/12, 12/17, 1/1, 1/24, 1/28, 3/11 Mohawk: 1/6, 1/13, 1/27, 2/3, 2/9, 2/24
    Thunder Ridge: 12/18, 12/24, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/2, 1/7, 1/8, 1/14, 1/15, 1/16, 1/21, 1/22, 1/29, 2/4, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/12, 2/18, 2/19, 2/20, 2/21, 2/25, 2/26, 3/4, 3/5, 3/12
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

The list of winners is going to be very long.

I think pretty much everyone is going to come out a winner on almost all levels with this storm.

You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

It's going to suck in northern New England. You guys should all just stick close to home. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    It's going to suck in northern New England. You guys should all just stick close to home. 

Your just full of encouragement for everyone aren't you? Stay away from Northern New England, melt down in Colorado, what gives? Enjoy it, spring just went from blah to good, and most of the world has forgotten about skiing already (spring sports have started down here already so there goes a lot of your "crowds"). You'll get your fix.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    Your just full of encouragement for everyone aren't you? Stay away from Northern New England, melt down in Colorado, what gives? Enjoy it, spring just went from blah to good, and most of the world has forgotten about skiing already (spring sports have started down here already so there goes a lot of your "crowds"). You'll get your fix.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    . was-that-sarcasm.jpg
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    I put the winky face on there to aid those with comprehension problems.

Sorry.

"Please read my post with a hint of sarcasm". Better?

Dude, lighten up some. It's going to be f-ing awesome everywhere. Just go ski.

My choices to ski after the storm are Mountain Sneaux or Attitash/Wildcat as I have a peak pass. I came down with an unexpected life threatening illness so reluctantly had to take Thursday and Friday off from work to recover. My boss was not amused or fooled by my ruse.

So now I'm faced with a difficult decision-Southern VT or MWV? I'll bet the deciding factor will be which place the snow sticks. A 2 foot dump would be nice but not if it gets blown off the trails into the trees. That's what I'll be focusing on.

I'll be refreshing this page repeatedly

http://www.onthesnow.com/northeast/s...t-reviews.html
    I have always loved blizzards, if only because of the driving experience - which is definitely an acquired taste.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Thread Information