• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

which mountain is the winner of this storm?

gladerider

in norther NJ, i was supposed to get 2'. it is still coming down but the switch over to sleet happened early morning. i have prolly 8-10", but it would have easily been 20, if not for the switch over.

i heard the stormed track moved to favor the mountains up north.

so, who is the winner? need to find a way to ride this pow somewhere. this weekend, if not sooner.

dlague

Well the real winner will be the place that gets the most skiers and snowboarders. If a feeder hill get 2 feet, but many drive by to go to lets say Killington that gets 1 ft then the feeder hill won the depth battle but then Killington would win the economic war. However the weather might make this a more localized event so smaller places in Southern New England might do great!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Going of of what dlague said...this will probably be one of the busiest St. Patty's day weekends in a loooong time. Especially with MORE snow in the forecast. Very good boost for the mountains.

Snow total-wise? Mountain Creek, Mount Peter, Thunder Ridge, and the Catskill resorts all have a very good chance of 2+feet. VT/NH/ME snow totals won't be known till Thursday with some good mountain snows through Wednesday night.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I think pretty much everyone is going to come out a winner on almost all levels with this storm.

winwinwin.jpg

Savemeasammy

It's going to suck in northern New England. You guys should all just stick close to home. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

It's going to suck in northern New England. You guys should all just stick close to home. 

Your just full of encouragement for everyone aren't you? Stay away from Northern New England, melt down in Colorado, what gives? Enjoy it, spring just went from blah to good, and most of the world has forgotten about skiing already (spring sports have started down here already so there goes a lot of your "crowds"). You'll get your fix.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Puck it

Your just full of encouragement for everyone aren't you? Stay away from Northern New England, melt down in Colorado, what gives? Enjoy it, spring just went from blah to good, and most of the world has forgotten about skiing already (spring sports have started down here already so there goes a lot of your "crowds"). You'll get your fix.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
. was-that-sarcasm.jpg

Savemeasammy

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I put the winky face on there to aid those with comprehension problems.

Sorry.

"Please read my post with a hint of sarcasm". Better?

Dude, lighten up some. It's going to be f-ing awesome everywhere. Just go ski.

Krikaya

My choices to ski after the storm are Mountain Sneaux or Attitash/Wildcat as I have a peak pass. I came down with an unexpected life threatening illness so reluctantly had to take Thursday and Friday off from work to recover. My boss was not amused or fooled by my ruse.

So now I'm faced with a difficult decision-Southern VT or MWV? I'll bet the deciding factor will be which place the snow sticks. A 2 foot dump would be nice but not if it gets blown off the trails into the trees. That's what I'll be focusing on.

I'll be refreshing this page repeatedly

http://www.onthesnow.com/northeast/ski-report-reviews.html

jaybird

Perfect scenario for tree skiers !

Largely depends on how far north the resort is.
2' on top of zero base brings out lots of meat wagons.

I'm betting Sugarbush hits the motha lode. :smile:
Maine will get a bunch as well.
Too bad Maine has no terrain. :p

:spread:

kingslug

Hunter: [FONT=&quot]We're up to 25 inches and forecasts are showing strong snowfall through midnight, we could have quite the number when it's all said and done!
Stowe is reporting only 4 inches at noon but the storm is moving , I think upwards and will get heavier up there through the night. [/FONT]

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Mount Snow's summit still has bare ground up top. They're claiming 16" but it depends on where the winds blew.

This is a good start but next weekend's storm will really put the East back in business (if it does deliver 6"-12").