• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay this weekend

camberstick

Rolling in for a much needed long weekend tonight, I know that it will be crowded . Was wondering if I should think about using the reciprocity of the ticket with burke one day .thoughts? Never been there ,is it worth the drive over?

Savemeasammy

Burke has some great glades if they are in play.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

camberstick

Heard they have good glades. We'll be in the trees either way! Does Burke get busy on the weekend or not really?

KustyTheKlown

I'm going to burke tomorrow specifically to avoid the crowds at jay, smuggs, Stowe, bush.

then waking early Sunday to hit magic on my way home, which I anticipate being pretty crowded, but nothing compared to k, Stratton, okemo, snow

chuckstah

I'm going to burke tomorrow specifically to avoid the crowds at jay, smuggs, Stowe, bush.

then waking early Sunday to hit magic on my way home, which I anticipate being pretty crowded, but nothing compared to k, Stratton, okemo, snow
Both lifts are running at Magic tomorrow, and I'd assume Sunday as well. Crowds shouldn't be much of an issue Sunday. Ssturday may be a different story with the Ski the East event on Black Magic. Its skiing great today.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

rocks860

Both lifts are running at Magic tomorrow, and I'd assume Sunday as well. Crowds shouldn't be much of an issue Sunday. Ssturday may be a different story with the Ski the East event on Black Magic. Its skiing great today.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Drove by magic to take a looks and it looked pretty crowded in the lot but other than the competition the hill didn't look too packed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Curious whether Jay Peak was actually crowded this weekend as guessed in this thread, or whether people have moved on to non-skiing activities?

Whiteface was a ghost-town all weekend even with perfect weather which is why I'm curious. Doubt I waited more than 3 minutes in a line either day.

cdskier

Curious whether Jay Peak was actually crowded this weekend as guessed in this thread, or whether people have moved on to non-skiing activities?

Whiteface was a ghost-town all weekend even with perfect weather which is why I'm curious. Doubt I waited more than 3 minutes in a line either day.

Wow...Sugarbush was packed. I wonder why Whiteface didn't see an increase in skiers due to the storm.

gnardawg

I was at Jay on Saturday - went on a bus trip - it was pretty crowded but a lot less than I was expecting.

Got on the flyer quad around 945 - line looked long but took about 10 min - think it was pretty much that amount of time all day.

Jet and Bonnie also less than 10 min every time I was in line.

The Tram was well over an hour at some points I heard so I only rode it once. I got in line at 2:20 and got on the tram ~3.

bdfreetuna

An hour line for the tram is pretty bad. Luckily the crowds should start thinning out even on weekends pretty soon. IMO corn/spring snow are good conditions to ski terrain off the ridge anyway.

I probably take an average of less than 1 tram ride per trip to Jay Peak. Too much good stuff available without the tram to endure the wait.

My dream for Jay Peak is they get rid of the stupid tram and put a double chair in starting at the bottom of the Face Chutes.

cdskier

Whiteface is never crowded

I was there on "normal" weekends in the past and would agree it certainly wasn't crowded, but also wouldn't describe it as a ghost-town as BG said. So this weekend I would have expected it to be at least the same level as what I experienced previously and not ski-on all day.

It can be on holidays, but I figured with a near record-breaking storm it wouldn't be ski-on all weekend.

Agreed. That still seems strange even if the place doesn't normally see crowds. Many areas saw holiday-like crowds this weekend. You had a huge storm combined with near perfect weekend weather forecasts after a few weeks of sub-par conditions and/or weather so I would have expected there to be some pent up demand.

mriceyman

It can be on holidays, but I figured with a near record-breaking storm it wouldn't be ski-on all weekend.

Maybe a little busy but never truly crowded(i guess compared to vt areas on holidays) ive been at wf probably 6-7 times over different holiday periods and its never more than a busy day. Crowds never too big and lines always manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

I probably take an average of less than 1 tram ride per trip to Jay Peak. Too much good stuff available without the tram to endure the wait.

Way more than me. I think the last time I rode the Jay Peak tram was probably early 2015. All it does is eat away your ski day, and I'm more than happy to allow all the people with rental equipment to clog that line.

It's even worse now that they have to run it with......what is it, 20% less capacity I think than ever before?

bdfreetuna

If I went to Jay Peak more often peak season as opposed to late season the number of tram rides would be much closer to zero.

gnardawg

I agree the past few times I've been to Jay I don't think I rode the tram at all. We only rode it because someone told us that Valhalla was still chock full of snow and it would be worth the time. (IT WAS!) It was weird waiting in line - I saw 2 separate groups of non-skiers waiting to head up the Tram. One group got on with us and they just took the ride to the top and didn't even get out of the Tram. Just rode it back down.