Magic 15th Bromley 16th

AlpineZone

Magic 15th Bromley 16th

Stella storm reports.

Magic Wed 3/15. 4:30am wake up call for drive from Long Island. Roads better than expected so after a normal 4 hour drive and grabbing gear at condo was on Red before 9:30. They had a solid 20" but as there was no base you had to pay attention to the snowsnakes etc. Basically everything in play. Crowd was lighter than Feb powder day as that one was a Monday, and there were fewer options whereas with Stella everyone had a Pow day. Plenty of powder shots on trails late in day, much less the woods. Rode the lift with someone the following day who was at Stratton and said it was skied off by 11am. The road less traveled. So while less snow than some places, it lasted all day and Magic is back in shape.

Bromley Thur 3/16. This turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I decided to ski the "home" mountain as I needed to leave mid day. Well, turns out doing so was also following the "road less traveled" mantra (though accidently) as Bromley is NOT a powder hound mountain. Hence the day after a dump there is plenty of powder! It certainly helped that they got some of the upslope snows on Wed and Wed night - at least another 4-5" inches - and with a good wind blowing there were fresh tracks on all the un-groomed East Side trails. But the woods - Avalanche Glade and Orion - had basically not been skied the prior day other than by a couple of people as they were full on 24"+ untracked delights. No crowds, and only a handful of them going East in search of Pow. Even today there will be powder shots. Lessen learned. I share only with AZ'ers.....

Trouble loading picks - will try later on ipad.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Nice picks, especially Bromley. There are a few other areas like Black in NH that are neglected, you get a whole powder day nearly to yourself.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Magic 15th Bromley 16th

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Stella storm reports.

Magic Wed 3/15. 4:30am wake up call for drive from Long Island. Roads better than expected so after a normal 4 hour drive and grabbing gear at condo was on Red before 9:30. They had a solid 20" but as there was no base you had to pay attention to the snowsnakes etc. Basically everything in play. Crowd was lighter than Feb powder day as that one was a Monday, and there were fewer options whereas with Stella everyone had a Pow day. Plenty of powder shots on trails late in day, much less the woods. Rode the lift with someone the following day who was at Stratton and said it was skied off by 11am. The road less traveled. So while less snow than some places, it lasted all day and Magic is back in shape.

Bromley Thur 3/16. This turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I decided to ski the "home" mountain as I needed to leave mid day. Well, turns out doing so was also following the "road less traveled" mantra (though accidently) as Bromley is NOT a powder hound mountain. Hence the day after a dump there is plenty of powder! It certainly helped that they got some of the upslope snows on Wed and Wed night - at least another 4-5" inches - and with a good wind blowing there were fresh tracks on all the un-groomed East Side trails. But the woods - Avalanche Glade and Orion - had basically not been skied the prior day other than by a couple of people as they were full on 24"+ untracked delights. No crowds, and only a handful of them going East in search of Pow. Even today there will be powder shots. Lessen learned. I share only with AZ'ers.....

Trouble loading picks - will try later on ipad.
    If I did this right below is opening ride on Red

This is Jamaica Man in East Narnia.

Above is Sorcerer

Below is Avalanche Glade at Brom on Thursday. Still plenty to be had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information