• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Banff info

Sven Leonson

Excellent!!

I think last time we (wife and I) stayed at the High Country Inn. Cheap and functional (hot tub and free breakfast). For us, it was the perfect distance from downtown (easily walkable but wouldn't want to walk further after a long day skiing - did that several years ago when we stayed at the Delta a few blocks down). Also, when the bars close, the streets get noisy and it can be a bit bothersome if you have a street side room in a hotel right downtown (did that once in the fall). Ironically, when I was there with a bunch of skiing buddies two years ago, we stayed at the slightly more romantic Deer Lodge in LL!

Also, we've always had early flights out (7AM?) so I stay at the airport Delta the night before flying. A little expensive but worth it in my mind (they have down pillows with a gel core!). Restaurant service is crap (you will wait forever for your food) but room service is prompt.

Lastly, don't forget the Banff Hot Springs. We've never gone in the winter but did go once in the summer and it was pretty neat.

Kleetus

Arriving 2nd and leaving the 8th. Skiing Mon - Fri. A friend booked the flights. Now I'm on the hook to find lodging.

We'll overlap on Monday the 3rd. I head back Tuesday.

We ended up getting a condo at Hidden Ridge Resort. Showed up on Expedia for cheaper than most hotel rooms in the area. Turns out they made a mistake on the pricing but they had to honor it. Room ended up being around $140 CAD a night when it was supposed to be $350. I hope you can get as lucky as we did!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

nice. i pretty much only use expedia for hotels. i've gotten best price guarantee $50 vouchers 4 times. the prices fluctuate so often that its really easy to catch them and exploit the guarantee