Magic Mountain - West Side - Page 2

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: What is the "easiest" way down the west side of Magic Mountain, other than Wizard

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Broomstick / Heart of the Magican / Lower Magician

1 10.00%
  • Talisman

8 80.00%
  • Sorcerer

1 10.00%
  • other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That was sick...I caught it all on video too! You went fully sendy brah! https://youtu.be/BX5nJtBbBwg

Sent from my SM-N910V using AlpineZone mobile app

yep thats me

~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Damn, red line has some good coverage

Sent from my SM-G900V using AlpineZone mobile app

Broomstick to black line under the chair to bailout to heart of magician to hocus pocus.

The flags are in bad shape man. Bad shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Heart of Magician can be kinda tough due to double fall line and the way the trail turns into it. Not that steep but requires you to ski differently than usual at times. This with Broomstick is the toughest way down of your listed options.

Talisman is not a hard trail, if you find it tough just take your time it's not overly steep and doesn't have any surprises.

Sorcerer isn't a hard trail either and probably the easiest of the 3 options, it's a little less steep than Talisman.

Any of these trails can be tough under less than ideal conditions though
    Tali steeper than sorcerer. Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Broomstick to black line under the chair to bailout to heart of magician to hocus pocus.
    Do you mean "Link" instead of "Bailout" ? I thought "Bailout" came downwards from Talisman, so you couldn't go in the opposite direction, from "Black Line" to "Heart of the Magician" ?

IMG_0708.jpg

Talisman - depending on how the bumps are on Broomstick then that would be the way to go since it does not have a lot of pitch it is however pretty narrow.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Timed it just right with the one 13 year old kid at Magic still afraid to take a 4 foot drop
    I hear the locals are pushing to have it called Kusty's Kliff in honor of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Do you mean "Link" instead of "Bailout" ? I thought "Bailout" came downwards from Talisman, so you couldn't go in the opposite direction, from "Black Line" to "Heart of the Magician" ?

IMG_0708.jpg
    Whatever they're named, take the ones that point downhill. If you're going uphill it's the wrong one.

The flags? Sad.

Last edited by MMP; Mar 23, 2017 at 8:42 AM.

Thanks for the advice everybody. Broomstick was closed today (despite what it said on the snow report), so I went down Talisman a couple times. Once I peeked over the initial crest, it wasn't as steep as I had initially feared last week. A little bumpy but not too bad. Wonderful powder field after the second headwall. Second time down I took Bailout over to Heart of the Magician / Lower Magician, which wasn't as steep but there were a couple of tricky "death trenches" (is there skier slang for that) on Bailout. Also it is funny that the Bailout trail comes *after* the most difficult part of Talisman, the second headwall was much easier (and even had an unmoguled part on the left).

Here's the Ski Tracks map, runs 3 & 5

IMG_0714.jpg

Thread Information