• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Colorado Blow Torch

Puck it

Wow. Temps hit 60 in Aspen during men's GS yesterday. Wasn't aware Apsen was in the front range. No snow at all on south facing slopes. It is going fast.

slatham

Aspen is not in the from range - it is 4 hours West of Denver in middle of the high country, though the NWS reporting site is at 7,800' while the mountain is much higher. But its been warm everywhere out there of late.

RedSoxFan

That's what we had here in the northeast a few weeks ago. We recovered, however. Being much closer to spring now, probabilities are much lower for a return to cold in the mountain west.

gmcunni

shit. booked a place @ Aspen via airbnb yesterday for a few days in April. now i'll have to cancel.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Aspen is not in the from range - it is 4 hours West of Denver in middle of the high country, though the NWS reporting site is at 7,800' while the mountain is much higher. But its been warm everywhere out there of late.

Yes. Big ridge out here the last week. It will begin to fall apart tomorrow with rain/snow starting up again. Nice spring skiing here. It ain't over yet. Not in LCC at least.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

jimk

Yes. Big ridge out here the last week. It will begin to fall apart tomorrow with rain/snow starting up again. Nice spring skiing here. It ain't over yet. Not in LCC at least.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
Coming back to LCC with some friends last part of Mar and first week of Apr. I'll let you know my Alta/Bird days.

snoseek

Pre-Coffee, not dense......

And winter can come back in an instance. Was at Breck 3 years ago in mid April - 20" total with a 15" pow day.

I was there in Breck for that exact storm and it was my single best day of that year...the day it fell

crystalmountainskier

I've skied Telluride, Wolf Creek, Purgatory and even Hesperus this weekend and all are hanging on. It's super warm but the base is holding.

bdfreetuna

I've skied Telluride, Wolf Creek, Purgatory and even Hesperus this weekend and all are hanging on. It's super warm but the base is holding.

I'll be at Telluride next Monday and Tuesday. Thinking it might be like skiing a great big mountain with Eastern conditions at the worst. Never been there. If you'd like to elaborate on your Telluride experience I'm all ears!

dlague

I was at A Basin and when I left there on Friday afternoon around 3 it was 45 degrees. Things stayed firm until late 11 ish. There is a lot of snow there and East Wall was skiing great. Montezuma Bowl skied well too. There is still a lot of snow there.

Now we skied Breck today and it hit a high atbthe base of 57. The sun was strong. The snow at the base was very soft while bump runs up high did not soften up until early afternoon. We ski Peak 6 over to Peak 7 bowl and the snow there was soft but snow is plentiful across all peaks. We did find out that Vail is shutting down some runs where grass is coming through. We also found out that Breck will begin shutting down peaks in early April and full shut down will now be April 16th. That is a week earlier than scheduled. Breck did have some thin spots and brownish snow is starting to appear. A system coming in will start as light rain on Wednesday and switch over to a more significant snow event on Thursday as much as 10 inches. Two other systems are predicted by the end of March. It will be borderline below 9000 feet.

That being said the tops of many mountains where wind has been an issue are bare on South facing sides.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

VTKilarney

Your sarcasm meter needs adjustment. All these guys skied with Dlague at Cannon last year. They are busting balls
[/URL]
Oh. Well in that case it's over-played. I guess it may have been funny the first time or two - at least if you were one of the couple people on the inside of the joke.