• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nashoba - 3/19/2017

Bostonian

Ski Resort: Nashoba Valley

Date: 3/19/2017

Conditions: Spring and Sunny

Report: Great afternoon session for a few laps at the Mighty Nashoba. I wanted to get out and enjoy some quick turns but had to be home by 4pm. I got on the hill at 2, which was perfect. There is nothing quite like being 5 minutes from home and getting some runs in. I forget how cool of a little place it is. Anyway a few photos.. I wouldn't really call it a trip, but still getting some runs in is better than none!

Photos:
A few from the top -
17309755_10154432229852963_6513770146704001947_n.jpg

17362926_10154432229862963_1359976276481746544_n.jpg

xwhaler

Any bumps? I remember nashoba having a decent bump line skiers left on the hill that they seeded and maintained thru the season.
This was back 20 yrs ago when I would occasionally go there instead of Bradford.

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

elks

Any bumps? I remember nashoba having a decent bump line skiers left on the hill that they seeded and maintained thru the season.
This was back 20 yrs ago when I would occasionally go there instead of Bradford.

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

They had them after the good storms in February, but must have flatten them after the blow torch.

SkiFanE

I still remember my first time skiing there in 1970 - pine trees still there near the little rope tows - I remember them. My kids have raced for HS there - really is a gem and they do a great job. Took after schools lesson til I was probably in 7-8th grade. Bussed from school - such a blast. My older sister worked there then in cafeteria - big day when Wayne Wong showed up lol. These little places really are important to the ski industry.

Glad to to see the report!

VTKilarney

For such a perfect day, I am surprised to see so few people on the hill.

Glenn

Seriously, looks really quiet! Glad you were able to get out and make some turns.

mlkrgr

Nashoba is the biggest madhouse going when the after school programs are in session. They try to market a cheap extension but they never get any takers. Rarely Nashoba has many people after February vacation.

SkiFanE

Nashoba is the biggest madhouse going when the after school programs are in session. They try to market a cheap extension but they never get any takers. Rarely Nashoba has many people after February vacation.
Their group lessons sucks. My oldest started there about 6yo, before we had ski house. Nothing against instructors - just way too many kids per class and per trail. Hardly any vertical for run and lots of waiting around. Not sure they were better when I was a kid, but I turned out okay after years of them (and bombing around with friends every week).

yeggous

Their group lessons sucks. My oldest started there about 6yo, before we had ski house. Nothing against instructors - just way too many kids per class and per trail. Hardly any vertical for run and lots of waiting around. Not sure they were better when I was a kid, but I turned out okay after years of them (and bombing around with friends every week).

They have adult group lessons on weeknights which are an excellent value. The instructors are hit or miss, but classes are small and the price is right.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app