• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill 3/19/17

JimG.

Staff member
I did not have high hopes for today; Hunter yesterday was a lesson in finding terrain not sun baked and crusty. Settled for some good bumps on Clairs.

I should have been more optimistic. Platty got 6" last night and the skiing including trees was just great:

Plat3.jpg

Plat2.jpg

Plat1.jpg

Nice bumps on Clairs yesterday at Hunter:

Hunta2.jpg

This past week has been just amazing in the Catskills. I'll be at Belleayre the next 2 days.

Rambo

Sunday 3/19/17. Turned into a sunny bluebird day. Awesome skiing at Platty.

Zand, Jim G., and Cornhead
GEDC3280.jpg

GEDC3265.jpg

GEDC3236.jpg

GEDC3263.jpg

GEDC3252.jpg

tnt1234

Nice! I was there Saturday. Groomers were awesome. Un-groomed and trees were chunky. A little better in the PM after some traffic, but still, a great day.

Looks like you guys got the best of the weekend for sure - nice!

goldsbar

Great day! My best day this year outside of a trip to Taos. Sun is really strong this time of year and was already doing some damage, so we'll have to see how long it lasts.

Zand

Glad I made the trip down there...Very fun hill to ski and the conditions were great. Nice to meet some new Zoners and ski with Jim G again after many years. I'd love to check it out again after a big dump when hopefully the sun won't kill the woods after 11 am.

JimG.

Staff member
Glad I made the trip down there...Very fun hill to ski and the conditions were great. Nice to meet some new Zoners and ski with Jim G again after many years. I'd love to check it out again after a big dump when hopefully the sun won't kill the woods after 11 am.

Sunday turned out to be a great day. I think the first time I skied with you was one of the very first AZ gatherings.

Platty really delivered.