• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Happens When You Take a Park Skier Big Mountain Skiing

thetrailboss

Staff member
Part of the Trollin' Series....hilarious. He leaves Park City to ski Snowbird.

Love the line from the traverse at 2:20: "is there a park up this way?" "Uh, I am 95% sure it is a no." "5% though..."

VTKilarney

That's six minutes of my life that I wish I could have back. I'm not sure where the "hilarious" part was.

rocks860

I just wanted to punch that guy throughout the whole video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn

Is that even real? Seems kinda rehearsed. "Ok, go up the bowl and talk some ____"

SkiingInABlueDream

Is there seriously any doubt here about whether everything in that video was staged? Maybe I just have the benefit of having read comments here first. Kind of like training wheels. (Btw ppl don't still use that learning method do they?)

But whatever I Laughed Out Loud at it.

bdfreetuna

I'm pretty sure the point of the video was to make fun of park skiers who wear hoodies on the hill.

Actually I'm 110% sure and if you watched this and were < 100% sure you may want to look into the form of comedy known as parodies. Some good stuff there once you dig in.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the point of the video was to make fun of park skiers who wear hoodies on the hill.

Actually I'm 110% sure and if you watched this and were < 100% sure you may want to look into the form of comedy known as parodies. Some good stuff there once you dig in.
Yes

Big Mountain bro culture making fun of Park Brah culture.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
So when I first saw this video I thought it looked familiar and I remember seeing a video camera and microphone on a Tram ride, but honestly at Snowbird I see that a lot. And then I saw reference to the Spy Goggle Day and thought, "huh, I was there that weekend." And then in the Tram scene at about 2:05 sure enough I can see my Head Cyclic 115 skis (Yellow and Black) just to the looker's right of his head! Yep, I was there and apparently one of the dumb locals! :lol:

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone