• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fat Lady Thread 2017

SnowRock

Don't know much about ski racers and their parents, but I think the fat lady was hiding last weekend. Two of my better recent east coast days at Stowe Fri/Sat. 7-8 of cream cheese on the stout base made for some fun times. I am better at knowing my way around the woods there lately, but still terrible at knowing the names of things... everything I got into was fun. Lower angle stuff was nice Friday while the steeper stuff was a bit hit or miss in some spots, but by Saturday morning everything was skiing really nicely.

2Planker

Not really, They'll play the best kids who will give them the best chance at a win. Regardless of who went to practice

Depends where you ski. I overheard some regulars at the Cat this weekend discussing how their kids are going to miss all the practices for their spring sports in April while the mountain is still open. Because, you know, priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Pat's always closes on a certain date, period, then a snowmobile event the next weekend. Seems like a waste to me - but from most accounts that place is a money-making machine, so who am I to question how they run it.

And yes the MILF factor there is always quite high.
First weekend in April they have the snowmobile event. It is a huge money maker for them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

ERJ-145CA

This past weekend was it for my two local mountains, Mountain Creek and Mt. Peter. The both are done for the season.

jaytrem

From Mount Snow passholder forum...

"Right now we are planning on running through Easter Weekend."

Zand

Crickets from wachusett about a closing day. Sunday is pond skimming...Have to imagine this week is the end of daily skiing. Bet they reopen 8th-9th if the coverage stays good.

tnt1234

We're done. Ski rack coming off this weekend. Heading south for spring break in two weeks to hike. Was a good season....

Domeskier

Blue Mountain, PA is closing Sunday. Hopefully the rain holds off and there are some nice spring bumps on Razor's.

mikec142

We're done. Ski rack coming off this weekend. Heading south for spring break in two weeks to hike. Was a good season....

LOL. I'm still hoping to make it up north (Tremblant or Northern VT) for spring break, but then the ski rack is coming off. :(

SnoDevil97

Ending my season this Sunday in NH & looks like will be prime regardless where I choose to go.

First considered Bretton Woods for more snow depth, but looks like Gunstock could get the better snowfall in the 6-8 inch range.

Either way Sunday looks like a prime day in the northeast.

xwhaler

Crotched announced they are re-opening this wknd for a final wknd.
9-7 Saturday, 9-5 Sunday
will be there with my son on Sunday

drjeff

This pending storm, is going to put a money wrench in many resorts, who were fully ready for this coming weekend to be their last weekend of operations, in a bit of a quandry........