Fat Lady Thread 2017 - Page 32

AlpineZone

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    They are toast! More than likely will not open next weekend.
    Dave,

It's posts like this one that really annoy people. It's not so much the Debbie Downer nature of it, but it's almost as if you are actively rooting for negative outcomes in the East. You've done it All. Season. Long. whenever things look unfavorable from 2000 miles away. Basically the appearance is trolling.

I know you've expressed​ that's not your intent, but it sure comes across that way.

Such comments are a far departure from when you lived and skied here and were always positive thinking about the New England ski scene.

What gives?

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    From what I read/saw on closing day last year they had moved snow over the S but it was all gone by noon and people had to hike down the whole bottom headwall. They tried though.
    Had to be there.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    No they said no grooming this weekend. So we shall see what's left come Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Woops! Read the report wrong. I support the decision as others have said. Walking on or off the lift is no prob

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Woops! Read the report wrong. I support the decision as others have said. Walking on or off the lift is no prob
    Carrying your gear on the lift ?? How the hell are you going to be able to have a beer and relax on the lift ?? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Dave,

It's posts like this one that really annoy people. It's not so much the Debbie Downer nature of it, but it's almost as if you are actively rooting for negative outcomes in the East. You've done it All. Season. Long. whenever things look unfavorable from 2000 miles away. Basically the appearance is trolling.

I know you've expressed​ that's not your intent, but it sure comes across that way.

Such comments are a far departure from when you lived and skied here and were always positive thinking about the New England ski scene.

What gives?

Exactly !! It's like there's 2 Daves !
    The Dave we know and love and then there's Douchey Dave who reports on our conditions 2000 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    Carrying your gear on the lift ?? How the hell are you going to be able to have a beer and relax on the lift ?? ��

You have about half a hand free. Or drink it while skiing on the way down!

Wouldn't Superstar make some nice easy access patch skiing without the lift. It's maybe not worth driving several hours but I would think you could pull your car right up to the bottom, load up some beers, hike up to a good patch of snow and just lap it all day.

To me that sounds like a nice mellow day. Do you really need the lift at this point?

I think I'll still head up tomorrow. The one positive to no grooming is that I don't need to wake up at 3:45 AM to get 1st chair. I'll probably shoot to get on the road by 7 AM and on the mountain by 10:30 AM or so.

I suppose I could use plenty of work on my mogul riding anyways! Haha
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: Shooting for 30+

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Dave,

What gives?

I have skied Killington every spring to the end and I know the pattern. I am just calling it as I have experienced it. Because I am in Colorado should not make a difference. I am not talking smack. Once they get to walk on walk off they generally do not make it much further that is fact. Do I want them to hit June 1st absolutely I am a Killington fan. I think it would be cool.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    I have skied Killington every spring to the end and I know the pattern. I am just calling it as I have experienced it. Because I am in Colorado should not make a difference. I am not talking smack. Once they get to walk on walk off they generally do not make it much further that is fact. Do I want them to hit June 1st absolutely I am a Killington fan. I think it would be cool.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app
    The snow depth right now is deeper than I have ever seen at this time over the whole length of the run.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information