• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Switzerland: The Land of Cool Ski Lifts

thetrailboss

Staff member
Trailboss,

I noticed that there were a lot of non-skiing days during your trip? Was this by choice?

Unfortunately we did not do as much skiing as I might have liked. We did a trip with skiing instead of a skiing trip because my wife and daughter didn't want to ski. We also saw family. I appreciated the days I could ski. My best would have been four or five days and I managed three. But I had a lot of fun. We covered A LOT of ground. The Glacier Express was fun.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The attachment didn't post right.

Care to try again?

That 8-pack is amazing.

If anyone in the US gets an 8-pack, I hope they're witty enough to call it "The Ocho" or "Dodgeball", or some other reference to that movie.

-w

Let me try it again......

gondi flums.jpg

VTKilarney

Unfortunately we did not do as much skiing as I might have liked. We did a trip with skiing instead of a skiing trip because my wife and daughter didn't want to ski. We also saw family. I appreciated the days I could ski. My best would have been four or five days and I managed three. But I had a lot of fun. We covered A LOT of ground. The Glacier Express was fun.

Well, some skiing is better than none. It's good that you got in those days.

Jcb890

Awesome stuff, thank you very much for sharing.
How come it looks so empty there? Is it due to time of year? Weather? Location?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Awesome stuff, thank you very much for sharing.
How come it looks so empty there? Is it due to time of year? Weather? Location?

As to Flumserberg, the weather SUCKED and it was a Thursday. It was raining down low and snowing up high. Flumserberg closes this weekend.