• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Will this be the theme in ski movies?

dlague

That's not at all what I am saying. Nice straw man argument, though.

What I am saying is that skiers have chosen as their form of recreation one of the most carbon intensive forms of recreation there is. Until you choose one of the hundreds of forms of recreation that is less carbon intensive, you have no right to lecture me about global warming. This is especially true if you are a film company that flies skiers all over the globe just to get that great shot.

Talk is cheap. This is especially true when you load up your SUV, drive three hours each way to your second home, and ski on a three foot base of manmade snow.
Another great example are the music artist are complaining about GW who are using products made with petroleum by products drive or fly everywhere and perform at venues that hold 10's of thousands of concert goers that drive from all over.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Film producers and stars who fly all over the globe just to ski are lecturing me about the need to address climate change? Uh... right...

Let's be honest. If you are serious about combating global warming you can't be supportive of the ski industry. Snowmaking takes massive amounts of energy. Thousands upon thousands of people driving several hours each way every weekend for mere recreation pumps countless tons of CO2 into the air. Thousands upon thousands of people flying out west does just the same.

Bottom line: If you ski and you lecture someone about global warming you are a smug hypocrite.

This.

I also enjoy the professional freeskiers who fly halfway across the planet, go heli skiing and do multiple runs to get the perfect shot for the next Red Bull poster....telling us we have to combat climate change....and be mindful of the wax we use on our skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Film producers and stars who fly all over the globe just to ski are lecturing me about the need to address climate change? Uh... right...

Let's be honest. If you are serious about combating global warming you can't be supportive of the ski industry. Snowmaking takes massive amounts of energy. Thousands upon thousands of people driving several hours each way every weekend for mere recreation pumps countless tons of CO2 into the air. Thousands upon thousands of people flying out west does just the same.

Bottom line: If you ski and you lecture someone about global warming you are a smug hypocrite.

It's even worse than that, it's a shockingly glaring lack of self-awareness.

Bonus points if they have a meat-intensive BBQ in the parking lot, out of their SUV, with their pet dogs in attendance, as all of those things are bad for Global Warming if you've actually read from the IPCC and try to understand this stuff, which, by the way, almost NONE of them have done, because actually attempting to learn doesn't get you the very showy, self-righteous "I'm a GREAT person, look at how AMAZING I am", brownie points that "standing up for the cause" does. Idiots. Frankly I just wish they'd pick up all their empty PBR cans from the parking lot.