• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre Gondola?

Hawkshot99

There is almost zero connectivity with using that lift. They have one flat trail over a bridge. Who is ORDA's engineer for this project, who comes up with this sh#t? If you really are trying to get money into local communities then why wouldn't you design and create something that people will actually utilize and be excited about?

Well, maybe it's mainly for summer use. With climate shift that might be what they are really going for anyways but as for being a functional ski lift this plan is a fail.
I believe you are reading that map wrong. The blue line that goes to the right of the mid mountain lodge and over the road is a current stream, not a new trail.
All of the ski trails on the mtn are drawn in green. All forms of water blue. All lifts are pink. Roads are brown.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

Mapnut

No, light blue borders are proposed trails as shown on the legend. There would be an easy route from top to bottom, Deer Run over the bridge and to the Discovery Lodge. Deer Run is presently rated blue but is pretty easy. But the only way for beginners to get to the Overlook Lodge is to ski Deer Run and then get off the Tomahawk quad at the midstation.

mbedle

I believe you are reading that map wrong. The blue line that goes to the right of the mid mountain lodge and over the road is a current stream, not a new trail.
All of the ski trails on the mtn are drawn in green. All forms of water blue. All lifts are pink. Roads are brown.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

Actually the blue crossing the road is a new proposed trail with a skier bridge over the road. The new trails on that map are in a darker blue than the streams. I am guessing that maybe one of the purposes of this lift is to get the skiers from the new parking area down at the bottom, up to the main lodge. That only works if there is a mid station. Do you think that maybe they will downgrade some of the easier runs from the top to get beginners down to the lodge or bottom?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
WARNING...DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE LIQUIDS IN YOUR MOUTH AND LIKE A FUNCTIONING KEYBOARD...SERIOUS LOL GUARANTEED!!!

belle.jpg

Need a hint? Check the spelling...

Someone is going to join the Park City lease overseer in the Ski Industry Unemployment Line... :lol:

cdskier

WARNING...DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE LIQUIDS IN YOUR MOUTH AND LIKE A FUNCTIONING KEYBOARD...SERIOUS LOL GUARANTEED!!!

Need a hint? Check the spelling...

Someone is going to join the Park City lease overseer in the Ski Industry Unemployment Line... :lol:

At least for Belleayre's sake they claim the proof they approved of the design was correct so the spelling will be fixed for free.

rtjcbrown

Live webcam from Discovery Lodge has 2 snowguns running at 8:55 am Thursday morning!?!

rtjcbrown

57304025.jpg