• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 4-3-2017

loafer89

tArea skied: Mount Snow, Vermont

Date skied: April 3rd, 2017 from 9am -12pm.

Surface conditions: frozeoroy, wet packed.

Weather: high overcast, temperature 32F at 9am and 50F at 12pm.

I skied Mount Snow yesterday morning thinking it would be a clear day, but the high thin clouds stayed above all morning, this was probably a good thing as it keep temperatures from getting even warmer than they did. The 10" of snow over the weekend filled in a lot of the thin and bare spots on some of the groomers like Lodge, Long John Natural, Fallen Timbers and Exhibition, that where there when I last skied Mount Snow on Wednesday. Conditions first thing where frozen groomer and Ego Alley was the ROTD with crisp corduroy. Cascade/Canyon, Long John/Ridge and Snowdance all turned into wet packed snow by 12pm.

Mount Snow:

uploading images

Ridge:

screen shot

Ego Alley:

picture upload sites

Fallen Timbers:

image hosting 10mb limit

bdfreetuna

I was there yesterday too seemed like I found more soft cord and nice corn snow. I didn't head over to the North Face until probably 11:00 though and it had mostly softened up by then.

Did ski some hard cord but only in the shade early morning, it was fun too anyway.