Stratton Last Day 4/9/2017

AlpineZone

Stratton Last Day 4/9/2017

Pretty much a perfect spring day today: bluebird sky, warmish temps and low crowds.

We zipped around the majority of the mountain and conditions were good. Got a little sticky at the bottom, but that's to be expected.

Back Bear:

Looking up from Lot 2:

Celebrating on the deck back at the VT House:

Last day is always bittersweet. Countdown to next season starts tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bittersweet indeed! Saw you've done several Stratton posts. No pass to Mount Snow this year?

Mommabear,
    Yes, we've been up at Stratton the last few seasons. Slightly longer runs made us do the switch. We still visit Mt Snow for the off season events with DrJeff and fam.

Stratton questions

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Mommabear,
    Yes, we've been up at Stratton the last few seasons. Slightly longer runs made us do the switch. We still visit Mt Snow for the off season events with DrJeff and fam.

"Glenn,

I noticed a new, very large deck constructed on top of the old Kinderbrook terminal at the summit What do they use that for? Also what is the dormitory type building near the base off of the Tamarack lift near the bridge which was constructed a few years ago? Also, any word about replacing the Snow Bowl fixed grip quad?"

It is a yoga deck, no kidding. Scroll down a little in the article https://blog.stratton.com/2015/07/01...e-off-the-mat/

Also there are rumors about a new high speed lift for Snow Bowl, but nothing official. See http://www.newenglandskiindustry.com...hp?storyid=549

They used that deck for some DJ stuff during the Minus Zero festival. I want to say they'll do weddings there as well?

urungus hit the nail on the head. Seems like rumors at this point. Certainly would be a nice upgrade to help spread out the crowds on a busier day. And you could avoid some of the flats you have to get across if you are on that side of the mountain and head towards the base.

Now part of ASPEN right?

Yep. Buyout happened about a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yep. Buyout happened about a week ago.
    The deal will not close for 90-120 days though!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information