• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Last Day 4/9/2017

Glenn

Pretty much a perfect spring day today: bluebird sky, warmish temps and low crowds.

We zipped around the majority of the mountain and conditions were good. Got a little sticky at the bottom, but that's to be expected.

Back Bear:
5c0ef588107bed907c4ca7ca29af86c1.jpg

Looking up from Lot 2:

befde2933d61bd49933497bfbf885298.jpg

f08f75efcde7f0391ace183e48f97bdc.jpg

Celebrating on the deck back at the VT House:
fa6cac659d0f49036aafdc7ea66b15bb.jpg

Last day is always bittersweet. Countdown to next season starts tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MommaBear

Bittersweet indeed! Saw you've done several Stratton posts. No pass to Mount Snow this year?

Glenn

Mommabear,
Yes, we've been up at Stratton the last few seasons. Slightly longer runs made us do the switch. We still visit Mt Snow for the off season events with DrJeff and fam.

wildgopher

Stratton questions

Mommabear,
Yes, we've been up at Stratton the last few seasons. Slightly longer runs made us do the switch. We still visit Mt Snow for the off season events with DrJeff and fam.

"Glenn,

I noticed a new, very large deck constructed on top of the old Kinderbrook terminal at the summit What do they use that for? Also what is the dormitory type building near the base off of the Tamarack lift near the bridge which was constructed a few years ago? Also, any word about replacing the Snow Bowl fixed grip quad?"

Glenn

They used that deck for some DJ stuff during the Minus Zero festival. I want to say they'll do weddings there as well?

urungus hit the nail on the head. Seems like rumors at this point. Certainly would be a nice upgrade to help spread out the crowds on a busier day. And you could avoid some of the flats you have to get across if you are on that side of the mountain and head towards the base.