Mont Sainte Anne QC 4/9-12

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mont Sainte Anne QC 4/9-12

Spectacular spring conditions up here at MSA on Sunday and yesterday. 50's on Sunday, 60's yesterday. Bumps galore and plenty of snow in the trees. Surfaces got pretty tacky after noon, my legs gave everything they've got the past 2 days:

MSA2.jpg

MSA4 1 1.jpg

MSA3.jpg

MSA5.jpg

Nothing like a gourmet dinner slope side looking up the hill:

MSA1.jpg

Slept like a baby last night. It's raining today and much colder, we skied 9am-12 noon. Most of the mountain is closed, did nothing but groomers but not unhappy giving my tired legs a blow. Hoping for some sun to soften things up for our last day here tomorrow.

First 2 days made this a great trip regardless!

Cool..have to get there some day
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Looks awesome...great spring weather. One thing I missed this year...skiing bumps. Not many opportunities.

It's a great mountain that can give good challenging vertical, the quad in the south side expert section is a lot of fun to lap.

Sent from my SM-A500W using AlpineZone mobile app

Items for Sale
    Nice TR and pics JimG....
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by ironhippy View Post
    It's a great mountain that can give good challenging vertical, the quad in the south side expert section is a lot of fun to lap.

Sent from my SM-A500W using AlpineZone mobile app
    That's where we spent most of our time; rode the gondola for laps down La Gondoleuse. I love that trail too.

Not only do they let those trails bump up top to bottom and side to side, those runs are all 2000' vert. By the end of the ski day my ass was kicked!

Our last 2 days were cool and damp, most of the mountain was closed. We got the best last 2 days out of the deal Sunday and Monday. A lot of snow was lost Tuesday and yesterday. They were talking about staying open until May, but now they hope to last until end April. I suspect that closing most trails was a snow preservation tactic.

Next year my plan is to go mid to late March.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    That's where we spent most of our time; rode the gondola for laps down La Gondoleuse. I love that trail too.

Not only do they let those trails bump up top to bottom and side to side, those runs are all 2000' vert. By the end of the ski day my ass was kicked!

Our last 2 days were cool and damp, most of the mountain was closed. We got the best last 2 days out of the deal Sunday and Monday. A lot of snow was lost Tuesday and yesterday. They were talking about staying open until May, but now they hope to last until end April. I suspect that closing most trails was a snow preservation tactic.

Next year my plan is to go mid to late March.
    Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever skied a 2000' vert bump run.

I've been thinking of MSA/Massif as a good MLK weekend trip for a few years now. Just have never gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever skied a 2000' vert bump run.

I've been thinking of MSA/Massif as a good MLK weekend trip for a few years now. Just have never gotten around to it.
    Then La Gondoleuse Haute et Bas is for you!

That's the upper and lower Gondi line and it is a legit 2000' vert and very steep on the upper section.

This was the first trip there we spent a weekend day; MSA gets crowded like any other ski resort on weekends! Great to see so many folks enjoying the sun and snow.

What kind of lodging did you get Jim? I've never been to that area.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Then La Gondoleuse Haute et Bas is for you!

That's the upper and lower Gondi line and it is a legit 2000' vert and very steep on the upper section.
    I absolutely want to ski that! Too many bump runs are too short.

Thread Information