Aspen / KSL acquired Mammoth Resorts - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Well Callifornia certianly has multi resort pass options options as well as Colorado where there are multiple multi mountain options as well as discount opportunities. The Max Pass and the Peak Pass seemed to be the initial answer for New England and now it looks like that will be expanding. However,, I wonder if there will be a dismantlement of Max and MC Passes if this continues.

The Gems Card is a perfect example of how the smaller places are competing for visits - buy a card for $25 and get two 2 for 1s at eight different places.

Even places like Monarch are partnering with this type of deal

Attachment 22448
    Smaller areas also grouped together for the Freedom Pass
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days

I think the issue ASC had with those multi mountain passes was the cost. They were actually too cheap. They oversold and mountains were pretty crowded on the weekends. IIRC of course.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I think the issue ASC had with those multi mountain passes was the cost. They were actually too cheap. They oversold and mountains were pretty crowded on the weekends. IIRC of course.
    Yes, at the end this was the case. By then though the end was near anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Asked a guest services representative at Winter Park what he thought was going to happen with passes (RMSP and Max) this past weekend and he had no solid information on what Aspen will do.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    Asked a guest services representative at Winter Park what he thought was going to happen with passes (RMSP and Max) this past weekend and he had no solid information on what Aspen will do.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Why would they rush this? Passes for 17-18 are already locked in products due to early sales. Aspen-KSL has plenty of time to explore their options for this. I would not expect to hear anything official until midwinter the earliest.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information