Post season skin -Bromley 4/12

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post season skin -Bromley 4/12

A bit late but nevertheless. Skinned up for a couple of runs at Bromley April 12th. Solid coverage - half the mountain could have been opened. Turned into a Bluebird late afternoon. Ironically my first turns of the season were a pre-season skin up Bromley after the 12" storm right before Thanksgiving.
    IMG_3158.jpg

Thruway above

IMG_3163.jpg

Corkscrew

IMG_3166.jpg

Snow depth at the top of Thurway

IMG_3165.jpg

Twister

IMG_3167.jpg

Gear
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Cool...
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

How do you skin with that binding setup ?

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    How do you skin with that binding setup ?
    BCA Alpine Trekker.

https://www.rei.com/product/715585/b...uring-adapters

The binding inserts are in the snow between the skis and the pack. Working well so far. It's a heavier set up but I only skin a few times a year and all in bounds. Usually it's for first tracks after a dump and before lifts open.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

whats the beverage chillin in the snow?

Nice! Looking over at Bromley last weekend from Statton, it looked like the coverage was good. Glad to see you made it out for some turns.

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    The binding inserts are in the snow between the skis and the pack. Working well so far. It's a heavier set up but I only skin a few times a year and all in bounds. Usually it's for first tracks after a dump and before lifts open.
    Awesome...I think I'll get a pair of those...been interested in trying AT out, but would only use them once or twice a season I'm sure. Seems like the right compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Something new for me, being a Pa. skier , AT is almost non existant down here but really fun when conditions permit (every 5yrs LOL). My Dukes are about 3lbs 3oz . I looked up Griffons which I think you're on ? 2lbs 4oz . Adding the Trekkers at 1lb 5oz your setup is about 6oz heavier than Dukes but you could buy lighter downhill boots and make up for the difference . Haven't priced Dukes lately but I'm guessing boots would be about the same. I went with dynafit ST Radicals a few years ago and it took a bit of getting used to with the quirks. The older I get the more the weight kills my downhill fun, litterally dropped 3lbs per ski by going with AT boots , skis and the ST's. I still ski them on goormers but avoid bumps.

Trekkers are a nice option to have though , you could do some side country and skin back up.

Thread Information