Open Season for Airlines - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If Spirit is anything like Ryanair, I'd be OK with it for short flights (about 1-1.5 hours). Anything longer and I'd like to have something better than school bus seats, flight attendants pushing scratch tickets, and subpar onboard climate control systems.

Items for Sale
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...az_most&wpmk=1

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Believe it or not I've somehow avoided flying on an airplane since 2011. That's probably going to change in the fall and I plan on flying slc to boston or Manchester for a couple weeks. What airlines are not completely miserable these days? Southwest? JetBlue? Should I just have a stiff drink and a dose of zzzquil and pass out?

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Believe it or not I've somehow avoided flying on an airplane since 2011. That's probably going to change in the fall and I plan on flying slc to boston or Manchester for a couple weeks. What airlines are not completely miserable these days? Southwest? JetBlue? Should I just have a stiff drink and a dose of zzzquil and pass out?
    Its hard to blame them when you look at kayak. On those websites its like nothing matters except price per ticket. You can't even get clear information about baggage fees. The airline experience is a reflection of how those sites suggest flights.

Items for Sale
    Southwest has a pretty decent run between SLC-->MDW-->MHT that I do routinely. It's not too bad. Only gripe is the return is pretty late.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

They blend for me somewhat so I'm not brand loyal. I try to go for direct flights with decent times, which isn't always possible. Jet Blue and Southwest staff are more casual in their customer interactions, IMO. Southwest seating procedures stand apart from the rest. It's always worth it to pony up a few extra bucks to get in the early group.

It sounds like southwest may be the ticket then....

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    They blend for me somewhat so I'm not brand loyal. I try to go for direct flights with decent times, which isn't always possible. Jet Blue and Southwest staff are more casual in their customer interactions, IMO. Southwest seating procedures stand apart from the rest. It's always worth it to pony up a few extra bucks to get in the early group.
    Agreed. Pay the $15 for early bird.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Southwest just had a decent three day sale for flights up to mid-Dec, but from where I live, DC area, I didn't see very good rates to SLC. Got a good deal for late fall trip to south Florida though, $138 rdtrp. Delta is ok and I use them sometimes to SLC.

Items for Sale
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information