• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Open Season for Airlines

benski

The terrible customer service for air lines reflects the importance kayak, google flights, etc put on customer service when you book the flight.

thetrailboss

Staff member

deadheadskier

Staff member
The reality is that as long as regulations remain the way they are for airlines, hotels and car rental businesses, these types of incidents will continue. The businesses have the advantage over consumers because they are allowed to oversell their inventory. That just doesn't seem right to me. Due to work travel, I've been a Marriott Platinum member for the past couple of years. As long as I make a reservation 48 hours in advance, I'm guaranteed not only a room, but the room type of my choice at any of their hotels even if they are sold out. To me, reservations should be guaranteed. Otherwise what's the point? If an airline seat, hotel room or rental car goes unoccupied because a consumer doesn't show up, then there should be a stiff late cancellation penalty and any lost revenue beyond the cancellation fee should be absorbed by the seller as a cost of doing business.

Seinfeld had a good bit on this years ago

bigbog

HA!....looking to flight attendants and customer service to change a policy of the airline...y/n? :lol: Kinda like starting a brawl at a lift concerning daily ticket pricing...y/n?

JimG.

Staff member
So, the victim didn't ask to be reseated or report the incidents to the flight crew until the perp climbed on top of her? Weird.

But these are the types of people you subject yourself to when you fly commercially.

dlague

So, the victim didn't ask to be reseated or report the incidents to the flight crew until the perp climbed on top of her? Weird.

But these are the types of people you subject yourself to when you fly commercially.

What am I doing wrong I never get subject to that!

Edd

Flying Jet Blue to Seattle right now. This is the first flight I've been on with free, functioning internet. It's a delight.

Although the behavior of multiple children has me pondering the viability of an adults-only airline.

xwhaler

Flying Jet Blue to Seattle right now. This is the first flight I've been on with free, functioning internet. It's a delight.

Although the behavior of multiple children has me pondering the viability of an adults-only airline.
Jet Blue is one of the best domestic airlines IMHO. Flying them to Fort Lauderdale in November

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

bigbog

+1.....
= Victim...just another passenger in search of a lawsuit...

Jully

+1.....
= Victim...just another passenger in search of a lawsuit...

That's not quite the case here...... the woman was actually sentenced and there was actual abuse by a disorderly drunk. The word victim definitely applies.

Should she have asked to move earlier? Probably, but I bet she wishes that now too.