• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

driving - new england to denver

abc

I stop before I actually got sore. That's about 8 hrs worth of driving. Making for roughly a 10 hr day. Plenty of time to sleep. I'm not too into soaking during driving days though.

jaytrem

Gotta have a seat that "works" for you. I can drive forever in my 4runner, but I can remember driving to VT in a Mountaineer my parents owned and would be aching after 4 hours. Totally forgot about that until this conversation. That was part of the reason a stayed with a 4runner when I purchased about 13 years ago. Was hoping the seats would be exactly the same as the previous. So far so good!

Razor

I drove alone to Eastern Mass. from my kid's house in Ft. Collins a couple of years ago. Left at 6 AM and made it to Ohio around midnight. Slept in the van at a rest area for 5 hours, then drove the rest of the way. Took around 36 hours. Not anxious to do it again.