• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Epicski dead all content to disappear

Jully

Looks like Mountain News (Vail propaganda wing) just deleted all the negative visitor posts to their FB page 15 m ago

these guys r ridiculous!!

That's hilarious. I wouldn't expect anything less than a company deleting negative posts from FB. Just have repost!

Jully

Magic, under former ownership, did same thing last year.

I remember that. I see no reason why a company wouldn't do that if they have the option to. I don't consider FB a valid and unbiased source for knowledge about a place. It is all controlled content. Primary purpose of FB wall bombings like the epicski one are to get the company's attention. Even if they delete the posts, bad publicity was definitely still had and the company would hopefully do something to placate the protesters... not the case here though, yet.

bigbog

Agree cdskier.....at least the skilled guys could have probably found someone that can copy their threads to somewhere, then migrated to pugski or somewhere......

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Looks like Mountain News (Vail propaganda wing) just deleted all the negative visitor posts to their FB page 15 m ago

these guys r ridiculous!!

The irony is, IME, deleting negative posts creates far more negative sentiment (even among those who support you) and publicity of the negativity, than simply leaving the negative posts, which may not even be read in the first place.

hrstrat57

Intern or not, the point got across!

Hope your cynics take note.

Actually gmgunni was probably right initially.

A lot of us really dropped the hammer on VR last night

Still incredible that they can just burn down a virtual library of ski content even if the torch doesn't get lit for 2 weeks.

It does give folks here at AZ who have stuff time to go get it.

So go get it. Some folks are requesting a schedule type of withdrawal so the entire forum can be copied first, there are a couple threads on epicski with the details still emerging. I just screen printed a couple posts and bits....gonna let the horse run what's done is done.

ForcedHotWater

What "content" are y'all so concerned about losing? I've never seen anything posted on a ski forum that didn't sound like something some idiot squatting on a bar stool blurted out between a burp and a fart.

Edd

For me it's the massive amount of unbiased reviews on skis. It has been one of the best resources on the net for that for a very long time.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Agreed. Also, advice on ski technique, doing western trips, on and on. During its peak years there was a very deep bench of players with useful knowledge on that site. AZ is great and I use it more but Epicski is a different animal with a much larger scope.

Jully

Agreed. Also, advice on ski technique, doing western trips, on and on. During its peak years there was a very deep bench of players with useful knowledge on that site. AZ is great and I use it more but Epicski is a different animal with a much larger scope.

The western trip advice is crucial IMO. Though threads from 2008 can be a little dated, there are many threads out there on where the best places to stay, eat, park, etc are at some mammoth western resorts.

Ski reviews are essential to me too. If you google, best ski for [X] conditions, chances are three epic ski threads will be the first three hits on google. AZ absolutely does not compare in terms of the knowledge base.

abc

To me, it's the ski technique and instruction that even more valuable than the ski reviews.

Even as the site is about to go down, there's still one last request for MA ("movement analysis"?)!

I've also asked for drills to deal with certain weakness in my technique and gotten spot-on suggestions. That's not an element exist in any other ski forum.