• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A Basin 05/07/17

dlague

Conditions: Firm early, perfect between 10 and 2 the very soft after that.

Will not bore you with details but Montezuma Bowl was pretty firm and crunchy on non groomed areas skied well on groomed. Everything off Black Mountain Lift was good right from the get go. Runs off Pali were good higher up but sticky on the run out. West Wall was in great shape as was East Wall. Still lots of snow.

I waxed our skies before we left with a 32-50 degree wax and that worked out really well.

87f59535a2910d6e94353254d0d3f239.jpg

3c25d5baff5749e08cb99af30db438a4.jpg

5a4da18157f65d9ea0fc00a57b60ec9a.jpg

de0dd6cd01728d89d322408409c45fc8.jpg

1363d3d8784048c88a0645fee0b5d93e.jpg

Around 2 a storm was coming in and it was snowing when we left.

acf7604ec89077fa646e8aabbb619d86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

Jully

Looks incredible as always! Still a June 4 closing?
American Airlines flights from Boston to Denver are under $200 for a few dates in May... have toyed with the idea of a long weekend, but work is pretty crazy right now.

dlague

Looks incredible as always! Still a June 4 closing?
American Airlines flights from Boston to Denver are under $200 for a few dates in May... have toyed with the idea of a long weekend, but work is pretty crazy right now.

June 11th now and they are considering later. But all depends of how fast things melt. Last spring at the end of May there seemed to be endless snow still then two weeks later there was one run left on the lower mountain and a few higher up.

Glenn

Wild! Still really good coverage. I spend the weekends mowing the lawn over the last few weeks...

dlague

Wild! Still really good coverage. I spend the weekends mowing the lawn over the last few weeks...

It will start to fade now sadly! Couple more good weekends then trails count will start to drop quickly. We will take it though! My yard working days are gone for now so our focus is on an active lifestyle.

snoseek

Bump. It looks like a late season freak show is setting up and I'm just rolling into town. Tomorrow should be pretty good

snoseek

Just got done. What a fucking awesome day today! Temps stayed in the mid 20s and the snow refilled all day. Lots of people playing hooky.

That was perfect. Im going to the desert now and living lean for a couple weeks.

dlague

Just got done. What a fucking awesome day today! Temps stayed in the mid 20s and the snow refilled all day. Lots of people playing hooky.

That was perfect. Im going to the desert now and living lean for a couple weeks.

That is friggin' awesome. After the great winter you had at Wildcat to travel across to Colorado and get a gift! I plan on skiing tomorrow and Saturday.

snoseek

That is friggin' awesome. After the great winter you had at Wildcat to travel across to Colorado and get a gift! I plan on skiing tomorrow and Saturday.

I swear everytime I'm travelling through this state it storms. This will make 3 springs in a row.

Tomorrow will be extra good even if it keeps lightly snowing and the sun stays away. It looks to snow more and stay mid 20s for tomorrow so get right on that and do it early as the hype is bringing the people. Saturday is gonna be insanity....I would personally do a bell to bell tomorrow and seek other forms of fun on Sat but my tolerance for crowds is pretty low.

Pali reopened this afternoon so there's that. have fun