• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2017-18 Edition

fullsend

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that today is the last day to receive $20 off the drifter peak pass using promo code "PSHAH". Prices for the pass will also increase in general tomorrow, so get it at the discounted rate while you can! Orders just have to be in by midnight tonight (Saturday, 12/15). Enjoy!

Promo code: PSHAH

You may have heard about Black Mountain of Maine and the work the Angry Beavers have done cutting glades. Another big push this summer and the East Bowl has stepped up significantly

Hard to beat this deal. $32/ticket any weekend or holiday. 1 day only sale on Wednesday 12/19 (note, this is a small mountain in some ways so sale may end when they shut off the lights at 5.

http://www.skiblackmountain.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=300

Oh thanks for that SLC deal. Got a SW flight 1/22-31 and that works perfectly

bigbog

You may have heard about Black Mountain of Maine and the work the Angry Beavers have done cutting glades. Another big push this summer and the East Bowl has stepped up significantly

Hard to beat this deal. $32/ticket any weekend or holiday. 1 day only sale on Wednesday 12/19 (note, this is a small mountain in some ways so sale may end when they shut off the lights at 5.

http://www.skiblackmountain.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=300

That's a nice, competitive pricing for weekends....together with the glade cutting.

ScottySkis

https://www.potterbrothers.com/

Written by Isaac PerelsonOpening weekend at Plattekill, and this past Sunday, I finally made it out. Descending onto Meeker Hollow Road, I was welcomed by a bright, clear morning. Snow still clung to the windswept fields, and to every branch shouldering the road. The conditions seemed great.
Gearing up in the lodge, sunlight beamed in through the massive windows, lighting up the empty bar. There was only a handful of us – quickly getting ready, nodding to one another, eager to kick off a new season.

Save up tp $32.00 OFF your Holiday Week Lift Tickets at Potter Brothers. We offer discounts to ski areas in NY, MA and VT. These tickets are good anytime during the 17/18 Season. SHOP ALL LIFT TICKETS.

$115.00​

$85.00​

$30.00​

Ski Area

Mtn Price

Our Price

Save

Buy Now

$68.00​

$60.00​

$8.00​

$89.00​
$69.00
$20.00
Buy Now

$83.00​

$67.00​

$17.00​

$100.00​

$72.00​

$28.00​
Buy Now

PIC_OF_BAR_1_copy.jpg

Bosco DaSkia

https://www.potterbrothers.com/

Written by Isaac PerelsonOpening weekend at Plattekill, and this past Sunday, I finally made it out. Descending onto Meeker Hollow Road, I was welcomed by a bright, clear morning. Snow still clung to the windswept fields, and to every branch shouldering the road. The conditions seemed great.
Gearing up in the lodge, sunlight beamed in through the massive windows, lighting up the empty bar. There was only a handful of us – quickly getting ready, nodding to one another, eager to kick off a new season.

Save up tp $32.00 OFF your Holiday Week Lift Tickets at Potter Brothers. We offer discounts to ski areas in NY, MA and VT. These tickets are good anytime during the 17/18 Season. SHOP ALL LIFT TICKETS.

$115.00​

$85.00​

$30.00​

Ski Area

Mtn Price

Our Price

Save

Buy Now

$68.00​

$60.00​

$8.00​

$89.00​
$69.00
$20.00
Buy Now

$83.00​

$67.00​

$17.00​

$100.00​

$72.00​

$28.00​
Buy Now

PIC_OF_BAR_1_copy.jpg

Looks like Windham is undercutting your price at the moment with a $66 deal due to lift problems. Save an extra $6.60 by buying online and you're now down to $59.40. :grin: Not bad if you don't mind the slower lift!

"Mountain Report | Windham Mountain Resort -

This morning's corduroy will soon be topped with 4" of fresh snow! It's just starting to fall and will continue to do so throughout the day, which means freshies all day! Enjoy 250 acres of open terrain across 41 trails, serviced by 7 lifts until 4pm Thursday. Groomers left their tracks on everything but Upper Warpath, Upper Wheelchair and The Wall early this morning. Snowmakers are back at it, focusing on completing the East Peak while continuing to build base depth on trails like Assembly Line and Lower Warpath on the West Peak. Expect a high of 18° this afternoon.
Whirlwind Express (A lift) will be closed today for repairs. Mechanics are working around the clock to get the lift up and running as soon as possible.

Tickets -

We recognize that not having one of our high speed lifts open is an inconvenience, therefore, lift ticket prices have been reduced. Prices through Friday 1/5 are: $66 for Adults, $51 for Youth, $54 for Seniors (65+), $47 for Seniors (75+), and $54 for College Students. Save 10% by purchasing your lift ticket in advance on our webstore, here. (Must purchase by 11:50pm the day before ticket date)."

8)

KustyTheKlown

not having that lift at windham makes a HUGE difference

it went down around 1 PM on x-mas day and that was my cue to leave. took one ride on the fixed grip and froze my dick off.

Jully

Looks like Windham is undercutting your price at the moment with a $66 deal due to lift problems. Save an extra $6.60 by buying online and you're now down to $59.40. :grin: Not bad if you don't mind the slower lift!.

Tickets -

We recognize that not having one of our high speed lifts open is an inconvenience, therefore, lift ticket prices have been reduced. Prices through Friday 1/5 are: $66 for Adults, $51 for Youth, $54 for Seniors (65+), $47 for Seniors (75+), and $54 for College Students. Save 10% by purchasing your lift ticket in advance on our webstore, here. (Must purchase by 11:50pm the day before ticket date)."

8)

Honestly that's pretty cool of them to do that. I know many resorts that do not reduce their ticket price when a major lift goes down, especially with a fixed grip backup.

jaytrem

I plan to hit them up in late Feb. I have some 2 fer 1's from Irving but kind of feel guilty paying $10. I guess i shouldn't. They are the ones that signed up for it.

You could probably sell or trade them for more than $20. That can be a pain though.

mgalluzz

$55 for Cannon this Saturday (Jan 20th). Just need to buy at least a day in advance.

www.skinoboundaries.com

There's also several more Saturday deals through the rest of this season including Wildcat, Attitash, Cannon (again), Sunapee, Okemo, and Killington. All $55.

WJenness

Need a new helmet?
Buy one this week and get a free Killington/Pico ticket good ANY DAY through the end of the season:

"January is National Safety Awareness month and Pico Sports is celebrating. Purchase a helmet from now through January 21 at Pico Sports, Killington Sports or killingtonsports.com and get a FREE Killington lift ticket to use anytime between January 22 and the end of the season. Stop into Pico Sports for more info, and check out the new Pico logo gear while you're there."

source: http://www.picomountain.com/site/mountain/conditions/dor

nycskier

Last edited:

RENO

I just happened to be looking for a new helmet when I was at K a few days ago and picked one up and got a free ticket voucher. Helmet was $120. A walkup ticket is $115 so pretty good deal. Picked it up in the Snowshed lodge which has a really good selection of helmets...

Smellytele

Bretton Woods:
[h=2]Bring A Friend Flash Sale[/h] Multi-packs may be shared with friends and family. Save over thirty bucks a ticket, but don’t wait – like winter itself, this deal won’t last.*
Bret-TEN Pack – just $599!
Save up to $33 a ticket – valid any day through 2017-18 season, excluding Feb. 17-25.
Quad Pack – just $249!
Save up to $30 a ticket – valid any day through 2017-18 season, excluding Feb. 17-25.
Midweek Single Ticket – just $49!
Save up to $32 a ticket – valid Monday-Friday, excluding Feb. 19-23.
Purchase Flash Sale Tickets
*Available for purchase online only through January 31, 2018 or while supplies last. May not be combined with other offers or promotions. Bring order confirmation to any ticket window or Guest Services desk to receive live straight-to-lift tickets that may be shared with friends and family.

Smellytele

Bromley:
Mom's Day Out, Saturday, January 20! Calling all moms, we invite you to treat yourself this Saturday to a day of Sun Mountain skiing and riding in exchange for a small donation to the Southwestern Vermont Regional Cancer Center. Simply show us a picture of your child(ren) at the ticket window, and ride the lifts all day for $25! 100% of the funds raised on 1/20 stay local, and are donated directly to the SVRCC. Be sure to stop by the welcome table in the base lodge where SVRCC staffers will be on site all day to say hello and give out thank you bags. The day doesn't end when lifts close; food and drink specials will be available in the Wild Boar (rumor has it mimosas are in the house!), and Satellite Shine is on for live entertainment from 3:30-6:30pm.
Half Price Demos at Potter Brothers, Saturday, January 20. The Potter Brothers shop is offering all Bromley guests 1/2 Price Ski Demos! Try a variety of skis all day long for just $25, and you can even swap skis out as many times as you like. Available brands include Volkl, Atomic, Rossignol, and Blizzard. Please contact the Potter Brothers Ski Shop for more details.