• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2017-18 Edition

BenedictGomez

Odd. Last night they were selling the same pass at $149.

So now it's $99 without Gore, which is a much better deal as you only need to use it 3 times for $33/ticket.

Bosco DaSkia

That is last year's card sadly.

Yeah, but what did you expect really? He-Man is getting pretty old. The power of Greyskull is not what it once was, sadly.:oops:

I contacted the station, they said that the deal was still being worked on for this year and to watch that webpage for future updates.

I think it's going to be the same deal as last year, but then again, I still believe in the power of Greyskull. So, there's that.

:cool:

BenedictGomez

PayPal link says $149 still. If you found it for $99 for 2017/2018 please share that link.

Sorry. Didnt realize he posted the link to last year's offer.
So yeah, it's Goreless now and still $149. Not sure why they think that's going to work any better than last year when they had to slash the price in........ was it late February? I'd have to check last season's SOTC thread.

Bosco DaSkia

Sorry. Didnt realize he posted the link to last year's offer.
So yeah, it's Goreless now and still $149. Not sure why they think that's going to work any better than last year when they had to slash the price in........ was it late February? I'd have to check last season's SOTC thread.

http://www.localsyr.com/ski-card

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ski-and-ride-card

I don't think that you're getting that these are two different cards from two different locations. I belive the price that you're seeing on the Syracuse page was the price right from when it went on sale last year. There was no "slashing" of prices in February if I remember correctly.

The one from Syracuse has not been updated for this year yet. Cording to the station, it's going to be updated shortly and should be at that web link that was posted earlier. However, as Cornhead noticed,The PayPal link is still alive. So if you want to Take a chance on it being honored, give it a go. If not I'll bet Cornhead will be happy to let you join the class action suit when Judge Judy comes after him.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

I don't think that you're getting that these are two different cards from two different locations. I belive the price that you're seeing on the Syracuse page was the price right from when it went on sale last year. There was no "slashing" of prices in February if I remember correctly.

Are you sure, it seems to be the same card, just different locations selling it? It even carries the same name.

I agree about the "taking a chance" bit though, I'll be cheering on Cornhole's as the lead plaintiff.

Bosco DaSkia

The only thing I'm ever sure about is death and taxes.....:thumbdown:

The stations are probably getting them from some bulk seller and are then able to set what ever price they want. I know the price between the two was different last year. I stumbled over it whilst googling the champlain valley card and was quite surprised at lower cost for the product.

It is supposed to be marketed and sold to a local audience. I think there is just a smaller target group in Syracuse and that's why I'm hoping the price will stay lower again this year. I know they had stock left in the spring time as a couple of my friends bought some right before their trip at the end of march last year.

Cornhead

Are you sure, it seems to be the same card, just different locations selling it? It even carries the same name.

I agree about the "taking a chance" bit though, I'll be cheering on Cornhole's as the lead plaintiff.
That's CornHEAD, [emoji535] play nice! [emoji6] I don't expect the deal to go through, be nice though. Actually "bought" 4, so if it goes through, and my friends don't, I'll have some available.
69af578797128c4135b415cf927593c7.jpg

I see they've eliminated restricted dates on their site and replaced it with "This season's deal coming soon".The purchase now icon is gone too. I haven't received any emails from them yet. A payment was made to Nextstar Broadcasting for $398.50 from my Pay Pal account. I found a phone number for Nextstar, maybe I'll give them a call. Paging Judge Judy

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

Cornhead

Try sending an email to Gregory Hassett at thewebunit@localsyr.com or ghassett@tactivedigital.com

He seems to be in charge of the sale of these things for the syracuse station. He has always responded very quickly to the questions that I've sent him about the card in the past.

Thanks for the info, I'm certain it was a mistake of them not updating their website. You wouldn't happen to have Judge Judy's contact info, would you? I should probably just cancel the payment.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

Bromley cyber Monday three pak= $149, adult and jr. A $50 increase from last year.

I hope that is a sign of good times at Bromley, rather than the alternative. I guess some people will bite as it's better than full price.

That said I'm due for a Bromley visit this year, I prefer everything about that mountain over Stratton; I'll use a VT pass if I do.

skimagic

I hope that is a sign of good times at Bromley, rather than the alternative. I guess some people will bite as it's better than full price.

Broms deal is a bit better than the cyber deals at the nearby resorts, about $10-12
/daycheaper than snow , Stratton and $30 /day cheaper than okemo's.