• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2017-18 Edition

Cornhead

Try sending an email to Gregory Hassett at thewebunit@localsyr.com or ghassett@tactivedigital.com

He seems to be in charge of the sale of these things for the syracuse station. He has always responded very quickly to the questions that I've sent him about the card in the past.

:cool:
Thanks again, emailed Gregory today, he said he'd make sure my charge was refunded. He also told me he'd let me know about this season's card. I emailed him back and said if I can get 4 Goreless cards for $99 apiece, I'll take them, if it's $149, I'll have to pass. Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

if it's $149, I'll have to pass.

Ditto.

Without both Gore and Jay Peak, they're turning that thing into a really niche offering for people who don't mind a lot of car travel and prefer to ski at places that frankly most people realistically dont frequent. If you only use it 3 times, you're wasting money.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ditto.

Without both Gore and Jay Peak, they're turning that thing into a really niche offering for people who don't mind a lot of car travel and prefer to ski at places that frankly most people realistically dont frequent. If you only use it 3 times, you're wasting money.
Your perspective might be a little different I think if you were from the Boston metro area. Cannon, BW and Burke are all close and can easily be based out of Littleton NH. Smuggs, Bolton and MRG are all easy to base out of Williston VT. So, there's two solid three day weekends of skiing at $25 a day.

Coming from Jersey, Cannon and Bretton Woods likely aren't on your radar just like Gore and Whiteface aren't on mine coming from where I live. I'd certainly love to ski both, but it's hard to justify the travel past NVT areas to do so.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

skimagic

Talking about Colorado and Utah: Anyone knows how to get discounted Utah lift tickets? I plan to be there in February...

Thanks.

I was in the same boat last year, couldn't find anything except for a ski city pass for cottonwood areas that was not that great a deal. I ended up stopping at the lift house shop at the base of BCC everyday for a discount ticket. , About $9 to $15 off day rate per day depending on day,/mountain. Snowbird iwas $84 weekday.

Last edited:

Smellytele

[FONT=&quot]
BOGOSkiHero.jpg
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
BOGOSkiDetails.jpg
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Not a skier or snowboarder?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
You can forward your BOGO ski voucher to a family member or friend! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
BOGOSkiMountains.jpg
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​

Jully

[FONT="][IMG]http://img2.ssprd3.net/ContentManager/ContentItems/Irving/6116/Resource/BOGOSkiHero.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/CENTER][/CENTER] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT="] [/FONT]​
[FONT="][IMG]http://img2.ssprd3.net/ContentManager/ContentItems/Irving/6116/Resource/BOGOSkiDetails.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/CENTER][/CENTER] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/CENTER]
[FONT="]Not a skier or snowboarder?[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=white][FONT="]
You can forward your BOGO ski voucher to a family member or friend! [/FONT]

[FONT="] [/FONT][/CENTER][/CENTER] [CENTER] [TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable, width: 100"]
[TR]
[TD]
[FONT="][IMG]http://img2.ssprd3.net/ContentManager/ContentItems/Irving/6116/Resource/BOGOSkiMountains.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/CENTER][/CENTER] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/CENTER]
[FONT="][URL="http://tx3.irvingoil-mail.com/track.aspx?32902264.148072.811901559.1296.15355655_217841_H"][FONT="]theirving.com/ski[/FONT][/URL] [/FONT]

heyy! That was not available last year. Nice to see they brought it back. Now to get an Irving Rewards card...​

Farleyman

I have two 40% off Jackson Hole lift ticket vouchers, looking to trade them for some for of big sky discount voucher.. last time we went out there we got our hands on 50% off coupons...

bousquet19

I was stymied in searching for discounts to ski areas near Quebec City a year ago but hope to do better this time around.

Friends and I plan to ski Mont Ste. Anne, Le Massif de Charlevoix, Stoneham, and maybe Massif du Sud -- a day or two at each. The advertised discount cards barely offer any deal if used 2x, so I didn't pull the trigger on them last year. Does anyone know of another discount, such as coupons? Of course, the exchange rate ($1 CDN = $0.78 UDS today) is a built-in discount but I'd still like to beat window price.

Thanks for any advice or assistance.

Penser la neige,
Woody

volvovod

I was stymied in searching for discounts to ski areas near Quebec City a year ago but hope to do better this time around.

Friends and I plan to ski Mont Ste. Anne, Le Massif de Charlevoix, Stoneham, and maybe Massif du Sud -- a day or two at each. The advertised discount cards barely offer any deal if used 2x, so I didn't pull the trigger on them last year. Does anyone know of another discount, such as coupons? Of course, the exchange rate ($1 CDN = $0.78 UDS today) is a built-in discount but I'd still like to beat window price.

Thanks for any advice or assistance.

Penser la neige,
Woody

Google is your friend: Carte KANON CDN$79 before December 26, CDN$89 after that.