• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2017-18 Edition

jeff157

College student pass

Hey Guys!! I'm a Killington rep, if you're a college student and ski/snowboard in the north east you can use this code "R18D42L" and get a discount when purchasing the student 4.0 pass Let's you go to Killington, Pico, Okemo & Sunapee. It originally cost $400 + tax but with the code you can get it for $360. It's a unlimited pass, so NO BLACKOUT DAYS!!

bdfreetuna

Can we still buy passes to Mt Bohemia and get 3 days at Magic and Bolton Valley? Via Freedom Pass

I see they have their special $99 price on December 2

http://www.mtbohemia.com/season-passes/

Not totally clear if the same benefits apply as last year, as there is limited information on Mt Bohemia's site. I would definitely use 3x Bolton and Magic tickets this year if that's the case.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Not totally clear if the same benefits apply as last year, as there is limited information on Mt Bohemia's site. I would definitely use 3x Bolton and Magic tickets this year if that's the case.

Doesn't look like it. I would imagine they would boast that were it the case.

Smellytele

Noticed this year that you don't get a liftopia $10 gc when going to the boston ski show. You get one from the shitty site getskitickets.com. As of now they have a whopping 1 ski area in the Northeast they are selling tix for - Waterville

Last edited:

chuckstah

MEtoVTSkier

So... a $299 Unlimited Adult Whaleback Pass, automatically gets you 3 anytime days at all the Freedom Pass participant mountains? (Black NH, Magic, Lost Valley, Dartmouth, Granite Gorge, McIntyre, Plattekill) Seems like a no-brainer... Never mind the out west or AK options.

dlague

So... a $299 Unlimited Adult Whaleback Pass, automatically gets you 3 anytime days at all the Freedom Pass participant mountains? (Black NH, Magic, Lost Valley, Dartmouth, Granite Gorge, McIntyre, Plattekill) Seems like a no-brainer... Never mind the out west or AK options.

Looks like $249 and the Midweek Pass is $165 and Militray/Veterans Pass $140

besides the Freedom Pass deals

KILLINGTON RESORT: UP TO 50% OFF TICKETS ALL YEAR

50% off Sunday through Friday lift ticket
25% off Saturday or "peak"/holiday 1-day lift ticket
Only applies to unlimited and midweek passes, this includes the family pass
This offer is limited to one (1) discounted 1-day lift ticket per day, per pass holder, valid any day of the 2016-17 Killington season. Not transferable – for season passholder only.

RAGGED MOUNTAIN

50% off day tickets Sunday-Friday, non-holiday ONLY

MT. SUNAPEE

Receive 50% off midweek day tickets from opening day through December 20, 2017 and from March 14, 2018 through closing day
$10 off weekend tickets from opening day through December 20, 2017 and from March 14, 2018 through closing day
Not transferable and offer not valid during holiday periods.

MAGIC MOUNTAIN

50% off weekday and weekend tickets, without ANY restrictions

urungus

if I get a midweek Whaleback pass, do I still get the weekend discounts at Killington, Magic Mountain, etc ?

MEtoVTSkier

if I get a midweek Whaleback pass, do I still get the weekend discounts at Killington, Magic Mountain, etc ?

From Whaleback:

Regarding the passes, it can be confusing, even for us. We tried to simplify the product line this year and then the decision to join Freedom threw us a curve ball making things more complex. We are even still learning it.

The "special" passes 3'rd Grader, Honor Roll, Military, Corporate do not get our LOCAL pass holder benefits at the other mountains. This would be K, Magic, Sunapee, Ragged, Eastman Xcountry, etc. The only ones who get that are Unlimited and Mid-week passholders.

Enter Freedom: any pass that is an "unrestricted" ie full week pass is part of the program. This includes all those special passes because they are full week passes.

In other words, there are our Whaleback ie Local discounts, and the Freedom discounts, and passes can differ between the two.

Long story short, the Military pass is good with us all operating hours, is good with the Freedom Program, but technically you cannot take it to our partners and get the discount.

dlague

From Whaleback:

The "special" passes 3'rd Grader, Honor Roll, Military, Corporate do not get our LOCAL pass holder benefits at the other mountains. This would be K, Magic, Sunapee, Ragged, Eastman Xcountry, etc. The only ones who get that are Unlimited and Mid-week passholders.

Well that kills the Military Pass IMO.

MEtoVTSkier

Well that kills the Military Pass IMO.

Oh, I don't know, the Freedom Pass benefits outweigh the what the Ragged, Sunapee, Powder, Eastman benefits would be for me. Magic skiers get 3 days on the Freedom, and K-mart skiers get a free Express Card for Military/Veterans anyhow... for me the Freedom benefits are going to work out better. Supplement it with a few other deals I think it'll work for me.

It definitely isn't going to break the bank at $140.00. Still think that's a heckuva deal for the money.

Somebody talks Tenney into joining the Freedom pass, and that would be great. Hint, hint...

dlague

Oh, I don't know, the Freedom Pass benefits outweigh the what the Ragged, Sunapee, Powder, Eastman benefits would be for me. Magic skiers get 3 days on the Freedom, and K-mart skiers get a free Express Card for Military/Veterans anyhow... for me the Freedom benefits are going to work out better. Supplement it with a few other deals I think it'll work for me.

It definitely isn't going to break the bank at $140.00. Still think that's a heckuva deal for the money.

Somebody talks Tenney into joining the Freedom pass, and that would be great. Hint, hint...

Sounds like a sound strategy for a Vet!