Mountain Creek - Ch. 11 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think Vernon was naive to even think there would have been demand for 1500 condos at Mountain Creek and should have realized right away it was unrealistic for anywhere close to that many to be built. Mountain Creek can call themselves a resort all they want...but they are not a destination resort that is going to attract that many second home-owners. I would think most of the people that visit MC are day-trippers and people that live within an hour or so. I skied there a lot back in HS, but after HS went there once with my dad and we both said "not worth it". I'd rather drive 2 hours to the Catskills than the 45 minutes to MC.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I think Vernon was naive to even think there would have been demand for 1500 condos at Mountain Creek and should have realized right away it was unrealistic for anywhere close to that many to be built. Mountain Creek can call themselves a resort all they want...but they are not a destination resort that is going to attract that many second home-owners. I would think most of the people that visit MC are day-trippers and people that live within an hour or so. I skied there a lot back in HS, but after HS went there once with my dad and we both said "not worth it". I'd rather drive 2 hours to the Catskills than the 45 minutes to MC.
    Exactly. It would be like Wachusett building condos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I agree. Its an even more ridiculous take on a typically ridiculous real estate developmemt plan. I'm assuming you meant 1500 condos, right Benski? Still seems real high.
    yes.

Thread Information