Crystal Mountain taken over by former Boyne partner

AlpineZone

Crystal Mountain taken over by former Boyne partner

In a move opposite of the trend these days, Crystal which was owned by Boyne is now under private ownership, One of the Boyne partners gave up his share of Boyne in lieu of independently owning Crystal. Pretty cool!

http://www.saminfo.com/headline-news...-boyne-resorts

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Not sure if it is cool, but an interesting development for sure. Some of John's comments on money that Crystal made but had to ship to Boyne vs what they could have reinvested makes me wonder if any of the resorts in the Boyne portfolio truly make out from the consortium or not.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Not sure if it is cool, but an interesting development for sure. Some of John's comments on money that Crystal made but had to ship to Boyne vs what they could have reinvested makes me wonder if any of the resorts in the Boyne portfolio truly make out from the consortium or not.

Agree that it is interesting.

Major reason for being a part of a larger company network, if you do not offer a multi area pass, is access to larger financial resources and borrowing power when in need of a new/upgrade to infrastructure. Crystal has had new lifts put in recently, right? If/when they have another super lean snow year, then not having the other Boyne resorts around at the end of the season will hurt I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Agree that it is interesting.

Major reason for being a part of a larger company network, if you do not offer a multi area pass, is access to larger financial resources and borrowing power when in need of a new/upgrade to infrastructure. Crystal has had new lifts put in recently, right? If/when they have another super lean snow year, then not having the other Boyne resorts around at the end of the season will hurt I bet.
    John claims no as to poor snow years, that even with their bad season past, they did not pull from Boyne. In fact, he indicates they could have done more in terms of upgrades the last several years had they not been a part of Boyne (could have kept more Crystal profit at home in Crystal). See a bit odd to me.

Thread Information