• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crystal Mountain taken over by former Boyne partner

machski

Not sure if it is cool, but an interesting development for sure. Some of John's comments on money that Crystal made but had to ship to Boyne vs what they could have reinvested makes me wonder if any of the resorts in the Boyne portfolio truly make out from the consortium or not.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

Not sure if it is cool, but an interesting development for sure. Some of John's comments on money that Crystal made but had to ship to Boyne vs what they could have reinvested makes me wonder if any of the resorts in the Boyne portfolio truly make out from the consortium or not.

Agree that it is interesting.

Major reason for being a part of a larger company network, if you do not offer a multi area pass, is access to larger financial resources and borrowing power when in need of a new/upgrade to infrastructure. Crystal has had new lifts put in recently, right? If/when they have another super lean snow year, then not having the other Boyne resorts around at the end of the season will hurt I bet.

machski

Agree that it is interesting.

Major reason for being a part of a larger company network, if you do not offer a multi area pass, is access to larger financial resources and borrowing power when in need of a new/upgrade to infrastructure. Crystal has had new lifts put in recently, right? If/when they have another super lean snow year, then not having the other Boyne resorts around at the end of the season will hurt I bet.
John claims no as to poor snow years, that even with their bad season past, they did not pull from Boyne. In fact, he indicates they could have done more in terms of upgrades the last several years had they not been a part of Boyne (could have kept more Crystal profit at home in Crystal). See a bit odd to me.