Summer 2017 Resort Upgrades - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Don't count on it. Very happy about the RFID though. I would think that Slide Brook needs it also
    I would think they plan to implement it on any of the lifts that currently have scanning. So yea, essentially base lifts plus Slide Brook on the ME side. I can't see any other easy way to ensure people going from ME to LP on Slide Brook have valid LP passes/tickets.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I would think they plan to implement it on any of the lifts that currently have scanning. So yea, essentially base lifts plus Slide Brook on the ME side. I can't see any other easy way to ensure people going from ME to LP on Slide Brook have valid LP passes/tickets.
    Will be interesting to see if SBX has it. I read it as only the feeder lifts. Even then that is a lot of $$$. Only the feeder lifts at Snowbird have RFID. Alta, on the other hand, has it on all of their lifts. Alta lets you get your ski history for all the lifts on their site for your pass, which is cool.

So for SB, these lifts, if memory serves me right, will be getting RFID:

Inverness
    GMX
    Sunny D
    SBX?

Village
    Gatehouse
    Bravo
    Valley

Did I miss any?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Will be interesting to see if SBX has it. I read it as only the feeder lifts. Even then that is a lot of $$$. Only the feeder lifts at Snowbird have RFID. Alta, on the other hand, has it on all of their lifts. Alta lets you get your ski history for all the lifts on their site for your pass, which is cool.

So for SB, these lifts, if memory serves me right, will be getting RFID:

Inverness
    GMX
    Sunny D
    SBX?

Village
    Gatehouse
    Bravo
    Valley

Did I miss any?
    I think you hit them all...but I wouldn't be surprised to see them skip Village. For the amount of terrain it serves it may not be worth it. I don't recall them ever scanning tickets/passes to get on that lift in the past and even though it will be a brand new lift this year, I still don't think it pays to put RFID gates just to access Easy Rider essentially.

I know Win's blog post read as only base/feeder lifts, but I have to think SBX is included as well. Otherwise, what's to stop people from parking at ME, buying a cheaper ME ticket/pass, and then taking SBX over to LP? Unless there's some kind of RFID hand-held scanner they could use instead since you really don't tend to have a lot of people lining up at the same time to take it anyway. That would be an option if that exists instead of full on gates.

I think you hit them all...but I wouldn't be surprised to see them skip Village. For the amount of terrain it serves it may not be worth it. I don't recall them ever scanning tickets/passes to get on that lift in the past and even though it will be a brand new lift this year, I still don't think it pays to put RFID gates just to access Easy Rider essentially.

I know Win's blog post read as only base/feeder lifts, but I have to think SBX is included as well. Otherwise, what's to stop people from parking at ME, buying a cheaper ME ticket/pass, and then taking SBX over to LP? Unless there's some kind of RFID hand-held scanner they could use instead since you really don't tend to have a lot of people lining up at the same time to take it anyway. That would be an option if that exists instead of full on gates.
    There are hand held RFID scanners as opposed to the gates. Vail uses these at its resorts.

Items for Sale

So if someone did buy a ME ticket, hopped on SBX, they would only be able to ski/ride North Lynx before getting stuck. I suppose that they might be able to get to CR on a good day. You couldn't get back to SBX without taking a base lift. Is that a risk worth taking? Especially since, in my experience now years ago, the lifties usually greet and check folks for passes before leaving Mount Ellen.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

So if someone did buy a ME ticket, hopped on SBX, they would only be able to ski/ride North Lynx before getting stuck. I suppose that they might be able to get to CR on a good day. You couldn't get back to SBX without taking a base lift. Is that a risk worth taking? Especially since, in my experience now years ago, the lifties usually greet and check folks for passes before leaving Mount Ellen.
    From ME take SBX to LP. Hop on North Lynx and ski to CR Connection. Take CR chair up and take Bailout over to HG. Essentially you can ski all the upper mountain lifts without ever going back to the base lifts. And at the end of the day ski to the bottom and take the shuttle back to ME instead of SBX. If they weren't worried about the risk, they wouldn't be scanning tickets on the ME side of SBX today. I'm a little confused about your last statement though as checking passes on the ME side is I thought what we were talking about

Items for Sale
    From ME take SBX to LP. Hop on North Lynx and ski to CR Connection. Take CR chair up and take Bailout over to HG. Essentially you can ski all the upper mountain lifts without ever going back to the base lifts. And at the end of the day ski to the bottom and take the shuttle back to ME instead of SBX. If they weren't worried about the risk, they wouldn't be scanning tickets on the ME side of SBX today. I'm a little confused about your last statement though as checking passes on the ME side is I thought what we were talking about
    Yes, I was talking about checking passes before leaving ME. I guess what I meant was going forward just have a liftie look and verify the passes visually instead of using RFID.

And yes, one could get to Heaven's Gate. Didn't think about the free shuttle. Good point. Sounds like you've thought this out.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Yes, I was talking about checking passes before leaving ME. I guess what I meant was going forward just have a liftie look and verify the passes visually instead of using RFID.

And yes, one could get to Heaven's Gate. Didn't think about the free shuttle. Good point. Sounds like you've thought this out.
    I imagine visually all the passes and tickets will look the same. For tickets they already said you'll be able to reload them online as long as you keep the ticket when you buy one in person. Plus since they are RFID, people may not even have them visible as they can keep them in a pocket.

As for thinking it out...wasn't too hard No benefit for me personally though as I'm a regular full passholder.

Black Mountain of Maine

More pipe is being laid for increased snow making coverage.

Famous Glades of the Angry Beavers could double in size!!!

Hike to open runs have been destumped and graded.

Lodge has new paint, carpet and dance floor.

Last Run Pub upstairs is expanding its floor space. If you go to Black you need to stop by the pub.

Tickets remain $20 on Friday and $37 on weekends.

All the RFID places I've ever been to had you keep the pass in your pocket. They advertised that as one of the major "perks" of the system. Only at one RFID mountain did the passes look different and have your picture on them.

Thread Information