Summer 2017 Resort Upgrades - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    So the proposal was an 8-10 person tram, similar to Snowbasin's, that would leave from the top of Collins and end on the summit of Baldy. From there it is really easy to ski right down into Snowbird. In fact, you can do it with no cliffs. For me, an Alta-Bird Passholder, that would be cool. But I do enjoy hiking up there as it is.

Supreme: I think that it was a "poor man's express lift" that was upgraded right around the time that they did Sugarloaf and Collins. I will miss Cecret, but that lift was WAY underused. Supreme, IMHO, worked just fine. That said, it was a Frankenlift with multiple parts including Yan towers and terminals and I bet it was getting aged.
    I thought I read somewhere that the tram to Baldy was meant for avalanche work access and it was only a possibility that it would be open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I forgot how ridiculously cheap sugarloaf condos were to buy. The issue Edd raised though I agree with though for renters. A lot of places, especially bigger resorts, have a cheaper lodging option for 2 people or so on site. The non-condo options are the hotels which are rather expensive if you're trying to be frugal.
    Worse than pricing, which will always be expensive on-mountain so I get it, is the quality of the hotels and many condos. Some real Hot Tub Time Machine shit; frequently not clean and depressingly run down. Amplifying that is that Sugarloaf is pretty much the only game in town for nightlife so I feel a bit more screwed every time I go. But the skiing, ah the skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Worse than pricing, which will always be expensive on-mountain so I get it, is the quality of the hotels and many condos. Some real Hot Tub Time Machine shit; frequently not clean and depressingly run down. Amplifying that is that Sugarloaf is pretty much the only game in town for nightlife so I feel a bit more screwed every time I go. But the skiing, ah the skiing.
    Yeah the condos are ancient. Compared to what is offered in VT these days... its completely different. I don't find it substantially worse than Attitash's options. Never stayed in a condo at SR.

SL's nightlife is certainly not great and carabassett is hardly a town haha, but like you said, its all for the skiing.

Summer 2017 Resort Upgrades

Yeah the condos are ancient. Compared to what is offered in VT these days... its completely different. I don't find it substantially worse than Attitash's options. Never stayed in a condo at SR.
    SR is no better but at least you have Bethel and Attitash obviously has North Conway which changes things.

SL's nightlife is certainly not great and carabassett is hardly a town haha, but like you said, its all for the skiing.
    At SL you have really 2 evening choices - widowmaker or the Rack. Used to be the snowmobiler dive - strip joint Carabassett Inn but that is now gone replace with a bowling alley I think
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

While it is limited, I'm actually a big fan of the night life that Sugarloaf does have. With everything on the shuttle or within walking distance, it's easy to party. Though, I'm typically only there for three nights. I could see getting bored if you were there for a week. It's also pretty quiet midweek compared to other destinations that have actual towns. Friday night and Saturday night I'll do the Rack one night and Widowmaker the next and I'm happy. Only complaint is the Widowmaker is chronically understaffed. Major waits for beers at that bar when it's busy.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    While it is limited, I'm actually a big fan of the night life that Sugarloaf does have. With everything on the shuttle or within walking distance, it's easy to party. Though, I'm typically only there for three nights. I could see getting bored if you were there for a week. It's also pretty quiet midweek compared to other destinations that have actual towns. Friday night and Saturday night I'll do the Rack one night and Widowmaker the next and I'm happy. Only complaint is the Widowmaker is chronically understaffed. Major waits for beers at that bar when it's busy.
    I usually end up at both places on the same night when the band at one or the other sucks
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

you guys have no idea what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Sacadelic_Skier View Post
    you guys have no idea what you're talking about
    About what?

lodging at sugarloaf... too funny

Thread Information