Summer 2017 Resort Upgrades - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    How did the star rating get them out? Owners were unhappy with it?
    No, they were artificially boosting the properties by about a star. It had to stop but to go from say a 1 to a 2 star, the property had to get a paved parking lot, covered front entry drive for starters. And that was just outside improvements which is a considerable amount of capital. Not to mention the units themselves. SR knew they couldn't demand owners fork up for the upgrades so releasing the properties was the option chosen. It also freed capital for SR to focus on the hotels, which while owned in shares, they have more control over upgrades and improvements than condos.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

More newly announced upgrades Sugarbush is working on this summer:

RFID gates at the base lifts
    Replacing one of the 6,000 CFM Electric Compressors at Lincoln Peak with one that operates at variable rates
    Purchasing another 60 SnowLogic guns

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post

Replacing one of the 6,000 CFM Electric Compressors at Lincoln Peak with one that operates at variable rates
    Good news.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Marks another resort going RFID. What's that bring the total up to now?
    - Okemo?
    - Stowe
    - Jay
    - Sugarbush
    - Wachusett

Is that it?

As for the compressor, snowmaking improvements are always something I appreciate!

Marks another resort going RFID. What's that bring the total up to now?
    - Okemo?
    - Stowe
    - Jay
    - Sugarbush
    - Wachusett

Is that it?

As for the compressor, snowmaking improvements are always something I appreciate!
    I think its an energy saving move. I think the new pipes are more exciting win has said that is a limiting factor of how much snow they can make on the upper mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    I think its an energy saving move. I think the new pipes are more exciting win has said that is a limiting factor of how much snow they can make on the upper mountain.
    Agreed, especially when they do not need full air capacity, which with all the new high efficiency guns is probably often. Why crank up (and pay for) 6k CFM when you only need 3k or 4k?
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Agreed, especially when they do not need full air capacity, which with all the new high efficiency guns is probably often. Why crank up (and pay for) 6k CFM when you only need 3k or 4k?
    Definitely energy and money saving. It could lead to more snowmaking though, depending on how they use the money saved.

Definitely energy and money saving. It could lead to more snowmaking though, depending on how they use the money saved.
    Yup, definitely energy and money saving and Win said essentially that. I don't think it would directly lead to more snowmaking as water is going to be Sugarbush's biggest limiting factor there for a while. We'll have to wait and see whether Sugarbush decides to change their standard practice of minimal trail resurfacing once they've buried it to the depth they want.

Yup, definitely energy and money saving and Win said essentially that. I don't think it would directly lead to more snowmaking as water is going to be Sugarbush's biggest limiting factor there for a while. We'll have to wait and see whether Sugarbush decides to change their standard practice of minimal trail resurfacing once they've buried it to the depth they want.
    Some more resurfacing would be exactly my hope!

Some more resurfacing would be exactly my hope!
    Don't count on it. Very happy about the RFID though. I would think that Slide Brook needs it also

Thread Information