• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer 2017 Resort Upgrades

skibum636

Song is replacing the the thunderbird tbar with a riblet triple chair. Looking forward to lapping Jupiter and ottos.

Bosco DaSkia

Song is replacing the the thunderbird tbar with a riblet triple chair. Looking forward to lapping Jupiter and ottos.

That sounds great and all that, But seriously, how often do you think that cheap bastard is actually going to run that lift? Remember this is a guy that put a padlock on the fireplace to control the amount of wood that's being burned.

I'd be willing to bet that he still only going to run one lift at a time. No matter how many folks are there.:roll:

drjeff

In addition to the West Lake snowmaking project, the widening of Long John, the start of the Carinthia Base Lodge, the additon of 200 HKD snowguns, also add 3 new pisten bully's (a 400 park pro, a 600 and a 600 winch cat) to Mount Snow's summer upgrades!

Brad J

In addition to the West Lake snowmaking project, the widening of Long John, the start of the Carinthia Base Lodge, the additon of 200 HKD snowguns, also add 3 new pisten bully's (a 400 park pro, a 600 and a 600 winch cat) to Mount Snow's summer upgrades!

Attitash, will get a new door closer that will smack you in the butt on your way out the door !!!

Bosco DaSkia

That cheap bastard makes more snow than anyone in central ny

:thumbup: that's a good one! You got me laughing there.

So I guess your main competition in that scenario is Toggenburg and the Four Seasons? Are you saying he makes more snow than both Toggenburg and the Four Seasons? Well, you just may be right about that. But seriously, is that really the benchmark you want to be measured by? Just saying......:blink::blink::blink:

When he stops running his air and water guns with only the water hooked up, I just might start thinking that he's getting over his cheap ass ways. Until then, I will still think he's a cheap bastard.

:daffy::spread:

Last edited:

cdskier

Not technically summer...but apparently MRG just obtained a couple more fan guns (bringing their arsenal up to 5...a 40% increase)

drjeff

I'm curious who MRG bought those off of???? The video on their FB page today of them unloading what looked like a couple of sled mounted SMI Polecat kid's off of the flatbed trailer sure didn't look like a brand new from the factory in Michigan, SMI delivery....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

IceEidolon

There's no way those are PoleKittens. I'm 98% sure the nearer one is a Super Polecat (based on the number of nozzles and the compressor) and the farther one probably is too.

If MRG has 200 GPM, instead of max flow around 15 WB it's probably closer to 20 wb, with a 60% boost in startup flow.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Mount Snow is widening Long John. They've got some good pics on the blog section of their website.
But that's not all. We also were busy doing:

$30 million in snowmaking upgrades while building the most powerful snowmaking system in the Northeast.

Increasing water storage 6x thanks to our new snowmaking “pond” West Lake.

Increasing in pumping capacity 2x for snowmaking, allowing us to open more trails faster than ever before.

Purchased 220 brand new snowguns from HKD, all featuring low-e technology, which brough our fleet of 948 guns to 100% low-e technology, allowing us to make more snow while using less power.

Purchased three new snowcats from PistenBully.

Invested $22 million in building our new 42,000 sq/ft lodge at the Carinthia Base Area, which will open for the 2018/19 season.

Invested and completed 100 other capital improvements this summer to our facilities on and off the mountain to make for a better guest experience.

It's been a busy summer, but now it's time to ski.

More details at https://www.mountsnow.com/our-media/blog/mount-snow/updates-and-upgrades/