• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is this AZ or a local Chinese Restaurant around here lately??

drjeff

Gotta love the spammers!! :uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::smash::smash::smash::smash:

Domeskier

I think Nick partnered with Kim Jong Eun to help fund North Korea's luxury ski industry through online gambling.

deadheadskier

Staff member
With the upcoming PyeongChang Winter Games, we have some new international sponsors cross marketing with Korean skiers. Please be welcoming to the new folks. The translator software needs a bit of tweaking, but it should be good to go soon.

Glenn

And not just a few posts. Practically took up the entire page one of this forum two days in a row.

VTKilarney

It definitely not legitimate. I clicked on the link and was re-directed to Google Mail. I entered my password to make sure that it was really Google Mail, and my mail didn't come up. /sarcasm

drjeff

I lost the connection to Chinese restaurant...

This morning, with the exception of a couple of thread titles, the entire front page of this forum was filled with obvious spam, most of which sure looked to my non fluent in the Chinese language except for the symbols that I see next to my favorite #7 General Tso's Special Combination platter, as mainly a Chinese language spam hack of AZ.

The same basic spam hack, as Glenn mentioned as well, hit the miscellaneous section over the weekend as well...

Hence my reference in this thread's title :)

benski

This morning, with the exception of a couple of thread titles, the entire front page of this forum was filled with obvious spam, most of which sure looked to my non fluent in the Chinese language except for the symbols that I see next to my favorite #7 General Tso's Special Combination platter, as mainly a Chinese language spam hack of AZ.

The same basic spam hack, as Glenn mentioned as well, hit the miscellaneous section over the weekend as well...

Hence my reference in this thread's title :)

I think it was Korean since it looks like too many characters to be Chinese. Other than proper nouns there are very few characters in Chinese and Japanese.

abc

Those were Korean symbols.

I don't know how I could tell. But I could. I can even tell Vietnamese from Thai, Japanese from Chinese (the last one is easy).

(I don't speak Japanese, nor Korean, never mind reading and writing. Just the symbols are distinctly different. I'm told Korean has a lot of Chinese and Japanese in it, but it's written differently, all in Korean symbols)

I think it was Korean since it looks like too many characters to be Chinese. Other than proper nouns there are very few characters in Chinese and Japanese.
Korean symbols are pretty "light", with only a few connected straight sections. Japanese and Chinese tend to have much busier symbols, lots of strokes in each symbol.

benski

Those were Korean symbols.

I don't know how I could tell. But I could. I can even tell Vietnamese from Thai, Japanese from Chinese (the last one is easy).

(I don't speak Japanese, nor Korean, never mind reading and writing. Just the symbols are distinctly different. I'm told Korean has a lot of Chinese and Japanese in it, but it's written differently, all in Korean symbols)

Korean symbols are pretty "light", with only a few connected straight sections. Japanese and Chinese tend to have much busier symbols, lots of strokes in each symbol.

Korean has only 24 letters meanwhile Chinese/Japanese have 4000 characters in common use. Chinese and Japanese are combined together for efficiency in standardized software.

jack97

I was thinking about pad thai and this shows up on my right screen.

Disclaimer, yes I know it's a remix of a Korean group dancing to another song. Still.... they show great movement with balance over their base of support. I might watch this until ski season begins.