• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mammth Ski Trip this summer?

dlague

Does anybody know if people get altitude sickness up at the summit of Mammoth Mountain ski area? - seeing as it is over 11,000 feet above sea level.
Treat it as you would Colorado. Water water water, take Ginko Balboa - thins blood. Eat a banana before skiing - potassium and get some rest. They say to limit alcohol. That never bothered me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Maybe. I'm off but may stay local and ride mtb not sure yet
Our plans have changed. Looks like we will be staying in SoCal. No one wants to make the drive. Well i should say our son is not into it. It is a bummer as I would go in a heart beat. So close but yet so far. So goes life.

dlague

Long drive?

I thought you were driving to So Cal, which would have been just a minor detour. No?
Flew to LA staying around LA. While my wife was up for the drive and so was I my son was not. Then our other son in LA has limited time and that dictated the time we have. Huge bunner!