• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Ski Town are You?

dlague

Fun little tool to play with - try it two ways: Conservative as in the way you kind of have to be now and then play it loose like you really would like it to be.

I got

Crested Butte - You are a bold, endurance athlete with a relentless zest for the outdoors and adventure. Even if you're not the one competing in the local endurance feats, you feed off of your neighbors' passions. While you're drawn to Crested Butte for its yearlong multi-sport spirit, you also love this old mining town for its lack of crowds and tight knit community. You come for the winters, but you stay for the summers. Sure, you're all about bombing down this stunning mountain on skis, but you're just as stoked to hit even higher speeds on your bike when the snow melts off. Skiing, biking, rafting, kayaking, fishing—you name it. CB is the real deal, 365 days a year.

Sounds good to me! Not sure about the endurance athlete or hitting the mountain at higher speeds on a bike since I just started getting into this sport but I do like all the outdoors stuff.

http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/quiz-what-ski-town-are-you?src=social&dom=ski

Jully

Fun quiz. I got Whitefish, which, without knowing even the other towns available I feel isn't inaccurate.

benski

I got whitefish being a very liberal Jew, I am a little scared of the idea of moving there. Half the town voted for the unpa lumpa and the leader his worst supports lives and skis there. Over the winter there were a series of antisemitic incidents that almost included an armed March of neo nazis.

cdskier

I got Stowe...for some of the questions I didn't like any of the choices though.

The description could easily describe Sugarbush/MRV though, and based on the description alone is pretty accurate even though the town they selected isn't my cup of tea. Would be interesting to know what the list of potential outcomes is though.

"You dig the quaint village vibe that defines this New England ski town. With its charm, family feel, and rich history, Stowe makes you feel right at home every winter season. When you hit this ski town, you’re usually skiing or riding with family and friends. You don't mind the frigid winters and you're a person who appreciates tradition. You do however enjoy Stowe's variety in terrain, which makes it an ideal mountain for your whole squad. Not to mention, the sense of camaraderie and community keeps bringing you back!"

deadheadskier

Staff member
I got Whitefish. Never been. Have had several friends live out there and said I would enjoy it.

abc

Don't know what you guys answered to get Whitefish. I know I'm likely get something in California because I pick a surf picture. There're not that many ski town near the ocean.

Except Mammoth isn't close to the ocean at all. So I will conclude it's garbage.

I dont know what vibe Mommoth has. All I know is I aren't going to move to the middle of nowhere.

In fact, I'm not really a ski town type. I prefer big city. Vancouver is the only town I can think of I might consider.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Honestly not sure why I got Whitefish. I picked Route 100 for a drive and selected the beach as an off season activity.

crank

Interesting, I picked going to the sun road and playing in national parks thinking it would steer me to Whitefish, but I got Crested Butte.

We are actually considering a move to Whitefish for retirement. Have both skied there and went in September for hiking and mountain biking.

dlague

My wife got Mammoth. So it seems like there are like 4 results. Crested Butte, Whitefish, Stowe and Mammoth.

It is a marketing gimmick I claim!

Jully

My wife got Mammoth. So it seems like there are like 4 results. Crested Butte, Whitefish, Stowe and Mammoth.

It is a marketing gimmick I claim!

Just did it again trying to choose different answers and got Park City, so more than 4. Description of Park City does not mesh with my experience the one time I've been. They seem to be using the advertising bits. PC is anything but a rugged look.

"You love the old Western, rugged look of this historic mining town with its modern amenities and proximity to the urban center of Salt Lake City. You appreciate the sweet terrain on this mountain and the access to the other resorts nearby. As much as you love to rip down the mountain, you’re also a sucker for a good indie film at Sundance Film Festival. After a day of laying out turns, you ski right into the High West Distillery & Saloon off of Main Street, and after a few beers, you ski straight out. Cheers to the world’s only ski-in, ski-out distillery!"

WWF-VT

My first time I got Stowe. The next time I did a bunch of random clicks and my result was Jackson Hole.

Jully

Those environmentally-friendly electric buses synchronized with a GPS app are edgy I tell ya!

To be fair, other than the "rugged" bit, the rest of the description seemed fairly accurate.

You're right. I was just super thrown by the rugged old mining town description at first. The proximity to both SLC and the other nearby resorts is definitely a huge plus for PC too. I had no idea just how close everything was until I actually went there and skied.

dlague

We the second time I tried selected fine dinning, expensive dog, F;lying to destinations, Beach activity, Golf, Apres ski and got Stowe. I was thinking Deer Valley or Vail but I bet they never come up.

Third time selected - never stop skiing, keep skis in pickup, selected a burger, selected surfing, selected a mountain road randomly and got Jackson Hole

BenedictGomez

We the second time I tried selected fine dinning, expensive dog, F;lying to destinations, Beach activity, Golf, Apres ski and got Stowe. I was thinking Deer Valley or Vail but I bet they never come up.

Third time selected - never stop skiing, keep skis in pickup, selected a burger, selected surfing, selected a mountain road randomly and got Jackson Hole

So either way you got a very rich place. I'm taking it there's not a lot of potential "slumming it" returns in this poll.