Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

The Slutzky family had a plan - and Peak/SKI is using it in part including thr
    new lift and parking area near the current west side lift on Rusk Hollow Rd a seldom traveled dead end road with mostly seasonal homes.

Intermediate trails will be cut to the base of the new lift most from the Belt Parkway and wayout.

Thankfully access to the new area will be by new road from Demmings Bridge on #23A just west of the #296 intersection.
    That property, which currently is owned by the Slutzky family .

And fast too, they paper says it will be done for the 2018-2019 season!! Hope it's done.
    NEVER SUMMER!

Is the expansion going in where the lift line south of the west side area was cut years ago?

hunter.jpg
    And on the seventh day, Ullr created Magic Mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by skimagic View Post
    Is the expansion going in where the lift line south of the west side area was cut years ago?

hunter.jpg
    No, from what I understand its to viewers left of the West side in the above pic, coming down from ridge - likely summit terminal is downhill from the six pack unload area - to Rusk Hollow Rd.

Not sure what the status of being able to develop the area you point out, which looks like sweet terrain and would boost overall vert a decent amount.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

That's some steep stuff! Either way from the Belt or Way out. The only way I see it is a zig zag down?
    NEVER SUMMER!

Hunter is saying this will be intermediate terrain, but I agree it's generally too steep. The only way they can get blue terrain there is by sidehill return routes from Belt Parkway and Way Out, and maybe a switchbacking cut-and-fill route or two. Traffic on Belt Parkway will get even worse. If Hunter wants blue terrain, the best place would be the ridge above Hunter One. I wonder if they have access to that?

Off the topo map, I measure that the proposed lift would be 2900 feet long with 1000 feet of vertical. The liftline would be solid expert.
    Last edited by Mapnut; Aug 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM.

They don't have access to any of the land above Hunter One. As far as steepness, its not nearly as steep at the stuff under the F lift.

The summit Terminal will be near the Belt Wayout intersection. Running down towards the "H" in hollow.

The reason for the Wayout regrade to intermediate was due to Westside Condo's, they'll want more than just a trail to get them home. I don't see the lift as going to the Summit as it is already too crowded up there and it will just dump too many people on Belt/ White Cloud. It will prob. land at Belt/ Wayout. From there you can go down the front, down to Zepher or the new trails. 2 maps to consider, the Topographical: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hu...105038!5m1!1e4 Belt / Wayout to Rusk Hollow is 900 vertical feet. The correct angles and Dynamite will get Intermediate Terrain.
    Property Map (amusing as it shows how early on, liability was split up. Some lifts and trails are separate property.): http://gis.greenegovernment.com/giswebmap/ Who owns what land. Put the lift where Rusk Hollow turns South and Condos across the street. There was talk of a snow making reservoir also.

Turn 60 soon, my legs could appreciate some new Int. Terrain in a few years.

It's a great idea if topping out at Belt/Wayout cross. Outside of some pre-lunch and end of day traffic, it would actually draw skiers off of those trails and keep them lapping what would be the only solid intermediate pod on the mountain.

Also, FTR Hunter owns the land all the way to the top of that old liftline on the Westside. Suspect that intermediate terrain is a higher priority than more expert trails and more vert, at least at this point.

Thread Information