• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
at the passholder party they had a map of the proposed dev. Russ was there answering guestions. He said they were "hoping" that after grading the new trails could be classified as blue.

You will no longer be able to ski from White Cloud to Wayout. The new lift will be unloading there. This is hard to imagine.. at least to me and the others that were there.

This whole thing is still in the permit process and then there is the DEP and EPA.

On a very sad note.... there has been no rain, Katerskill Falls is dry. The snow making pond is way down. Rumor has it they are shooting for a Dec 1 opening.

Not being able to go from Whitecloud to Wayout? I think you are wrong, NO WAY can they have the new lift unload onto the belt!

mbedle

My guess is they will basically rename the upper portion of belt parkway and have it dump in to way-out and have white cloud only dump on to the new trails and the belt parkway. Basically the lift and unloading area might end up dividing that cross section in half.

tnt1234

All this is moot since it feels like it will never get cold again.

slatham

My guess is they will basically rename the upper portion of belt parkway and have it dump in to way-out and have white cloud only dump on to the new trails and the belt parkway. Basically the lift and unloading area might end up dividing that cross section in half.

I can see the lift landing there. Though they could configure it so you could still get to "Lower" Belt from Upper Belt and from White Cloud to Way Out. Think of how the Valley House lift summit terminal is configured at Sugarbush.

catskillman

Not being able to go from Whitecloud to Wayout? I think you are wrong, NO WAY can they have the new lift unload onto the belt!

Check out the drawing on the map they submitted to the town I attached earlier. Note the parkway and wayout current locations and the proposed lift.... I do not think Russ lied to everyone........

catskillman

I can see the lift landing there. Though they could configure it so you could still get to "Lower" Belt from Upper Belt and from White Cloud to Way Out. Think of how the Valley House lift summit terminal is configured at Sugarbush.

He said the unloading will be just like at the top of the six pack. It will make that same turn.

catskillman

exactly - and this way they will add to the trail count by re naneing existing trails without adding anything.

kartski

On a very sad note.... there has been no rain, Katerskill Falls is dry. The snow making pond is way down. Rumor has it they are shooting for a Dec 1 opening.

Been watching the weather, want to get a Track day in this weekend. Every time I check, Sundays storm moves up a few hours. Now starting Sat Evening. By tomorrow, Saturday might be a washout. I will take the defeat if Hunter gets it's predicted 3 1/2 inches of rain though. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ny/hunter/12442?cm_ven=localwx_10day

So Inclined

You will no longer be able to ski from White Cloud to Wayout. The new lift will be unloading there. This is hard to imagine.. at least to me and the others that were there.

Ugh. Not happy about that.

Let's hope that supposed 3"-5" of rain coming to the NY area this Sunday makes it up the Thruway.

catskillman

They had a dusting yesterday, low temps at nigh but Monday back to the 40's. Peak announced that Mt Snow and Wildcat will open saturday

tnt1234

Looks like 10 days of below freezing overnights....Kind of surprised they are making a run at another Black Friday opening.

catskillman

Cause Russ is narrow sighted!

and why does this man control this. Someone who rarely skis, if ever any more, and he never was anything but a low interemediate for what I saw.

But then do you need to ski to push a pencil...........

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
and why does this man control this. Someone who rarely skis, if ever any more, and he never was anything but a low interemediate for what I saw.

But then do you need to ski to push a pencil...........

I was hoping when Peak came in, he would retire, but he signed a 3 year contract. Hopefully he retires after that.

tnt1234

Actually, I thought T-giving was next weekend....it's the week after....maybe they will make it....Seems to me the guns should be on now though. Cold this weekend, then overnights under 32 all the way until the 23th.