Hunter Mtn Expansion Details - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post
    at the passholder party they had a map of the proposed dev. Russ was there answering guestions. He said they were "hoping" that after grading the new trails could be classified as blue.

You will no longer be able to ski from White Cloud to Wayout. The new lift will be unloading there. This is hard to imagine.. at least to me and the others that were there.

This whole thing is still in the permit process and then there is the DEP and EPA.

On a very sad note.... there has been no rain, Katerskill Falls is dry. The snow making pond is way down. Rumor has it they are shooting for a Dec 1 opening.
    Not being able to go from Whitecloud to Wayout? I think you are wrong, NO WAY can they have the new lift unload onto the belt!
    NEVER SUMMER!

My guess is they will basically rename the upper portion of belt parkway and have it dump in to way-out and have white cloud only dump on to the new trails and the belt parkway. Basically the lift and unloading area might end up dividing that cross section in half.

All this is moot since it feels like it will never get cold again.

a good inch fell today and its getting colder

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    My guess is they will basically rename the upper portion of belt parkway and have it dump in to way-out and have white cloud only dump on to the new trails and the belt parkway. Basically the lift and unloading area might end up dividing that cross section in half.
    I can see the lift landing there. Though they could configure it so you could still get to "Lower" Belt from Upper Belt and from White Cloud to Way Out. Think of how the Valley House lift summit terminal is configured at Sugarbush.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    Not being able to go from Whitecloud to Wayout? I think you are wrong, NO WAY can they have the new lift unload onto the belt!
    Check out the drawing on the map they submitted to the town I attached earlier. Note the parkway and wayout current locations and the proposed lift.... I do not think Russ lied to everyone........

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    I can see the lift landing there. Though they could configure it so you could still get to "Lower" Belt from Upper Belt and from White Cloud to Way Out. Think of how the Valley House lift summit terminal is configured at Sugarbush.
    He said the unloading will be just like at the top of the six pack. It will make that same turn.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    exactly - and this way they will add to the trail count by re naneing existing trails without adding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post

On a very sad note.... there has been no rain, Katerskill Falls is dry. The snow making pond is way down. Rumor has it they are shooting for a Dec 1 opening.
    Been watching the weather, want to get a Track day in this weekend. Every time I check, Sundays storm moves up a few hours. Now starting Sat Evening. By tomorrow, Saturday might be a washout. I will take the defeat if Hunter gets it's predicted 3 1/2 inches of rain though. https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...=localwx_10day

We got some good rain... My little pond behind my house is full again..
    More on the way

Thread Information