Hunter Mtn Expansion Details - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Curious what they end up doing with the road to Z lift. The trails look to cross it.
    Look like at least part of coming from the Z direction is labeled as "new trail".

Curious what they end up doing with the road to Z lift. The trails look to cross it.
    Going to assume nothing, since its a private road owned by Peak. Can't imagine it receives a lot of traffic in the winter, other then mechanics and lift operators.

Do I read the map right that the lift only goes up to the intersection of Belt Parkway and Way Out? That is obviously not the "summit" of the ridge line in that area.
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Do I read the map right that the lift only goes up to the intersection of Belt Parkway and Way Out? That is obviously not the "summit" of the ridge line in that area.
    You are correct.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Any higher, and it becomes too steep to be intermediate!

Any higher, and it becomes too steep to be intermediate!
    You have the Belt and White Cloud, I don't think the Summit can handle off loading the 6 Pack, West Side Quad, F Triple and a new Quad. Just not enough room ford all those People.

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Going to assume nothing, since its a private road owned by Peak. Can't imagine it receives a lot of traffic in the winter, other then mechanics and lift operators.
    Injured People from the West Side get taken to First Aid by Bus down that road. I don't recall it being Paved. Clear a new path and add some rock Ballast and you have a new Service Road linking to the new parking Lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kartski View Post
    You have the Belt and White Cloud, I don't think the Summit can handle off loading the 6 Pack, West Side Quad, F Triple and a new Quad. Just not enough room ford all those People.
    There is just not enough room up top on a busy day.

Quote Originally Posted by kartski View Post
    Injured People from the West Side get taken to First Aid by Bus down that road. I don't recall it being Paved. Clear a new path and add some rock Ballast and you have a new Service Road linking to the new parking Lot.
    This most likely will just transport the injured people back to the pedestrian bridge, via sled, and load them into an ambulance in the new parking lot.

This essentially is the biggest change at Hunter since I started skiing there in 1972. Even though its intermediate, I am still excited!

Thread Information