• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Those are people that I like to avoid at Hunter... TypeA first chair freaks... Makes no sense to me if there's no pow higher than the boot...
Guarantee all those people are entitled AF

Ah yes...those are the people I should avoid at Hunter...but not the guy who trashes on people he doesn't know because they like skiing and can get out of bed earlier than him...

catskillman

Ah yes...those are the people I should avoid at Hunter...but not the guy who trashes on people he doesn't know because they like skiing and can get out of bed earlier than him...

Dougie has a rep for not liking anyone or anything - except his drum set...........

dhmcgill87

Saturday was a great day at hunter. Lapped the flyer lift all day, no lines. Hellgate was groomed really nice and minya konka had some decent bumps. Pretty impressive coverage for thanksgiving weekend.

Hoping to get one more weekend without the crowds before I stay very far away until late March lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Funky_Catskills

I can't really see the work going on - but it's been non-stop with the trail clearing.
They must be workign their way up..
Stoked!!!

Funky_Catskills

These trails will be awesome!!!! Got a look from a distance yesterday and it's impressive how much work they got done. They set off an explosion yesterday that I felt in my house... hahaa... so cool...

Killingtime

Cool Funky, glad Hunter is getting some attention. I learned to ski there and what a long strange trip its been since then. For me it came down to buying property at Hunter, Mt Snow or Killington. I think you can guess which I ultimately picked. Always thought Hunter West had the potential to be great though. May have to check out Hunters new trails just for s--ts, giggles and old times sake.

Funky_Catskills

Cool Funky, glad Hunter is getting some attention. I learned to ski there and what a long strange trip its been since then. For me it came down to buying property at Hunter, Mt Snow or Killington. I think you can guess which I ultimately picked. Always thought Hunter West had the potential to be great though. May have to check out Hunters new trails just for s--ts, giggles and old times sake.

Cool - yeah - I think it's going to make the intermediates happy
Although the trails do look kind of steep from the road.. I've ridden the terrain in the past - it's good stuff..

mbedle

Was just reading their investor presentation, couple of things that stood out about Hunter. 1) they are the top revenue per skier visit out of all the resorts and they mentioned about the expansion offer the possibility of increase residential and lodging offerings. The other item that applies to all their resorts is that season passes only account for 35% of lift ticket revenue. Since most of their resorts are day trips, I guess that makes sense.