• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mtn Expansion Details

p_levert

That picture was so cool that I decided to buy the company. Well, OK, not the whole company but $1k of their stock.

Really, I am impressed by these guys. And with a puny market cap of $70 million, there is certainly a chance that Vail or Alterra will swoop in and buy them.

machski

That picture was so cool that I decided to buy the company. Well, OK, not the whole company but $1k of their stock.

Really, I am impressed by these guys. And with a puny market cap of $70 million, there is certainly a chance that Vail or Alterra will swoop in and buy them.
So did you buy them because they are cool or because you think a Payday is near with the puny market cap?

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

p_levert

So did you buy them because they are cool or because you think a Payday is near with the puny market cap?

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

The picture was cool, but I have been impressed by their competence and focus on priorities. I also think Peak will benefit from the demise of the Maxpass. And, yes, there's a chance that someone will buy them out. And the stock pays a dividend of 5.5% as well. Plenty good enough for a $1K investment.

slatham

aren't they going to spend around 237 million for the peak resorts?

I think you're mixing up what Vail is paying to Triple Peaks for Crested Butte, Okemo and Sunapee (which is $237 in total) with the market value of Peak Resorts, which is $70mm. The point sull1102 was making was that Vail paid $67mm for Stevens, so for $3mm more they could have bought all of Peak Resorts (though this simple analysis doesn't include the debt they'd have to take on with buying Peak Reports etc)

mbedle

I think you're mixing up what Vail is paying to Triple Peaks for Crested Butte, Okemo and Sunapee (which is $237 in total) with the market value of Peak Resorts, which is $70mm. The point sull1102 was making was that Vail paid $67mm for Stevens, so for $3mm more they could have bought all of Peak Resorts (though this simple analysis doesn't include the debt they'd have to take on with buying Peak Reports etc)

I totally miss read that, my bad... lol

Funky_Catskills

Introducing...
The "Overlook" trail at Hunter..
I can actually see my house from it... haha.. I live on the north side of Colonels Chair - I can barely see any trails until now..
I may have to top a few trees in my yard.. :)

They are killing it up there!!! I'm amazed..

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl807idFwBz

benski

I just saw on facebook that the Hunters new Six pack, for hunter north will only serve 2,400 people an hour. I think most Express quads have that capacity.

sull1102

I just saw on facebook that the Hunters new Six pack, for hunter north will only serve 2,400 people an hour. I think most Express quads have that capacity.
Yes, but to the marketing dept the 6 does a hell of a lot more than just another quad especially with the state throwing money at their own resorts such as the gondi at Belleayre. Plus they might have the option to go back and add capacity down the road with more carriers.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

So what? The six-pack at Mt Snow also has a 2400 people/hour capacity. Some quads have a 2400 people/hour capacity. Some have more. Some have less. Each lift is unique. You need to design a lift with the appropriate capacity for the trails it serves as well. Also since this new lift serves a lot of intermediate terrain, perhaps they also wanted larger spacing between chairs to minimize loading errors.

benski

All points about the six pack are true except the ones from a while ago that a six pack has too much capacity and a quad would be more appropriate. I also find it interesting that they choose to pay extra for a six pack for all the above reasons and not capacity. Makes me wonder if six packs cost much more than quads.

Newpylong

Of course they cost more, it's more steel on the carriers and more design margins to account for. But as has been mentioned going from a triple to a quad or a quad to a six is not exponentially more expensive. It makes sense, if you can afford it, to go larger for future capacity.

benski

Of course they cost more, it's more steel on the carriers and more design margins to account for. But as has been mentioned going from a triple to a quad or a quad to a six is not exponentially more expensive. It makes sense, if you can afford it, to go larger for future capacity.

It seams many ski area go larger just for marketing, wind protection, reduced stops and less families split up but keep the capacity the same.

sull1102

Also, while this crowd knows capacity can vary regardless of of it's a 4 or 6 seater, 99% of skiers have no clue and think it is way better. Plus, speaking from experience those 6 packs when running at full speed FEEL like they gobble the crowds up quicker and eat up the lines. It's when they run slow and chairs are spaced out long enough that you end up waiting a bit for the next chair. Snow likes to do that midweek, use less carriers and run slower to save some coin, makes total sense.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

FBGM

Wish they put in a fixed grip so I could drink more beer when I shred the huntah.

But really, where did peak print this money from. Or what money tree did they cut down.

What’s the plus/minus on chapter 11